Ladies - using birth control to stop your period - safe?

Options
2»

Replies

• LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Bringing back this old thread to ask if anyone else has had experience with this. I know it's safe to do because my doctor said so but i just worry about potential side effects. Specifically I am on the generic of Yasmin (ocella or zarah depending on the pharmacy). Might skipping the placebo pills cause me to gain weight or get moody? Sometimes at the end of my active pills (3 or 4 days before my withdrawal bleed) I feel grumpy and emotional. I also get hungrier during this time. Would this continue if I skip the placebos and just start a new pack? Thanks for your feedback.

OP here! I forgot about this thread, haha. Anyway, I followed the lovely advice in this thread and did skip my period that month (I've actually done it a second time since then) and it's been fine. The only slight side effects I noticed were when I DID get my period the next month - it was just like a more intense period, which was annoying. A little more cramping, a little more spotting before and after, but nothing unbearable. I think it was worth it but I wouldn't do it all the time.