Day 1 of Chalean Extreme

Options
I just did my very first session of Chalean Extreme!!! At the beginning of the year I lost 30 lbs. w/ the support of friends on MFP....then I started a new job, started smoking, and stopped working out. Well I gained all my weight back...:explode: and I'm so mad at myself!!! This morning I did my first workout w/ Chalean burn circuit 1 and wow do I feel sore and great!!! When all lost all that weight w/ y'all at the beginning of the year I was up to running 8-10 miles and now I've gained it all back, I've been smoking and I feel WEAK! I hope I can stick w/ this plan and do it for good this time!!!

What are you all doing? How much have you lost?
Anyone do the whole 90 days and have their results???:heart::heart: :heart:

Thanks...Angie

Replies

• jenniferm930
    jenniferm930 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! I was actually just looking into getting this workout. I was doing really well working out and losing weight, but I have had serious knee issues for the last couple of months that I am getting fixed, so I need something to get going again! I've done Insanity and P90X before, never made it through the whole thing. I am determined this time.
  • pearlegsd
    pearlegsd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Chalean Extreme today!
  • btownrunner
    btownrunner Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to use barbells or do you have to use dumbbells?
  • powerpuffgirl66
    powerpuffgirl66 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 4th week of the Burn Phase. I love, love, love it! I can't measure until this weekend, but I can already see my clothes are looser. My thighs have definitely shrunk, as has my waist. My biceps are now little potatoes! haha. I'm very impressed with the progress so far. I started lifting 5-8 lbs, but now I lift 10-22.5 lbs (depending on the workout - anything with my deltoids in just 10lbs, everything else is 15lbs+). First week I could barely do a pushup, now I can almost do any entire set.

The first three weeks my diet was out of control, so my weight hasn't changed drastically. But my body fat has decreased 4% anyhow. I'm much better with my diet now, so I expect big results next month.

Chalene is amazing.

Edit:

I wanted to add that you need to take measurements and track your body fat, so you don't get discouraged! You probably won't see a big change on the scale, as you're acquiring more lean mass. I actually gained some weight at first. But like I said, body fat and inches are down.
  • powerpuffgirl66
    powerpuffgirl66 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to use barbells or do you have to use dumbbells?

The program requires that you do a lot of compound weight lifting - you need two dumbells to move independently. And you gain strength quickly, so you'll easily be up to 15/20 lbs by the end of the first phase (you need to challenge yourself - it's only 10-12 reps). You can also use resistance bands. One of the girls in the videos uses them and shows you how. Heavy dumbells are definitely more effective, but not necessary!
  • pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway through T25, and I think CX is going to be my next program. Looking forward to seeing you post your results!
  • Meaghand86
    Meaghand86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have recently become a BeachBody Coach and I LOVE this program!! I am currently on my second week of the Push Phase and month 2 of Shakeology :) I had great results in my first month and got down 3.5lbs that I plateaued at. Do not get discouraged with scale weight, since starting the Push Phase I have gained the 4lbs back. During this month you challenge your body that much more...increasing the weight quite a bit!! In talking with alot of other people and coaches, it is merely water retention as your muscles get use to the increase. I currently take in 1500-1700 calories a day, depending on my activity and protein requirements. I do not eat back my workout calories as I do not add these to MFP. I have talked with others who have started the Lean Phase and the weight comes off :) I will be starting Body Beast in 2 months and pretty pumped for that!!!
    Good luck and keep with it!!!