Trying something new

Options
nestra2393
nestra2393 Posts: 4 Member
edited February 2023 in Introduce Yourself
After a long time of believing my body was just the way it was naturally and I can't lose wait, I decided to give it a shot with diet and exercise. I knew I had to make a change when I realized that while my weight hadn't effected me while I was young as I got older something was gonna give (my poor joints) and I had to do something. Hoping to learn more ans be inspired by the community and my goal is to lose 20 pounds.

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,603 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community!

What strategies are you starting to use to lose the 20 pounds and then to keep it off?
  • nestra2393
    Options
    Mainly calorie deficit and going to the gym 3-4 times a week are what I've been doing to start. I've been doing it for about a month now and feel like I've seen some results, but hoping this app will keep me motivated to keep going.
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    That's great!

Keep sticking to it. Remember, too, with your calorie deficit that if you go over your goal on any given day, you may still be in deficit. That will slow down your weight loss, but you'll keep losing in deficit. It's just a reminder to be kind to yourself along the way.
  • nestra2393
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    That's great!

Keep sticking to it. Remember, too, with your calorie deficit that if you go over your goal on any given day, you may still be in deficit. That will slow down your weight loss, but you'll keep losing in deficit. It's just a reminder to be kind to yourself along the way.

Thanks I've actually had a rough few days and that really helped. I hope you are also able to meet your goal whatever they may be.
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    Thanks!

My goals are to maintain my weight now that I'm done losing, to maintain and improve my fitness, and keep getting a little stronger to support the fun things I like to do in life.

We all have rough days. Tuesday was one for me. Yesterday was better, and now today gets to unfold with whatever it brings.