Looking for accountability partners/Friends

Options
Hi! I am looking for workout motivation buddies or accountability partners. I have lost 11lbs so far and have about 20 to go! I don't have a lot of people in my life that are actively trying to lose weight and would love to build a support network! If interested please add me or message me and I can add you!

Replies

• sista67
    sista67 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am also looking for accountability partner. It is a great motivation for me to follow the program
  • StaciInGa
    StaciInGa Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am adding friends as well. Returning MFP user. Down about 7 since January 2nd and about 20 yet to go. Sending requests to you both. (Had lost 50 in 2014, maintained a while and then kind of climbed back up 20-25 over the past 2 years or so.)

For anyone else who comes along: I'm 48, 5'5" and 150.5 heading for 130ish. Typically aim to lose .5-1 per week, goal for March is 3 pounds. I work a desk job, have made it a goal to hit 10k steps daily between walking before work and/or at lunch and/or in the evening. Also trying to add in bits of activity here & there as I can. 3 young adult children & 2 grands. My husband is also working to lose weight. My biggest struggle is long term consistency. I use a food scale, do not follow any particular food/diet plan. I go with the motto of eating what I want, if it fits.
  • LaurenG1219
    LaurenG1219 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    We have similar stats Staclin. I am about 150 and looking to get to 130. I loose about 1-2 a week as well. Looking forward to going on this journey with you both!
  • gamommy2
    gamommy2 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Have room for one more? I'm just now recommitting to mfp after a long hiatus and was looking at Noom. Decided my money could be better spent on myself using mfp instead to reach my goal of losing 20 lbs.

My downfall is my emotional eating, sweets, will power and portion control trying to keep my husband and young adult kids fed and they all have high metabolism. I'm the odd one out, lol.

I'm 46F 5'8 167. I run as well and am hoping to kick my butt back into gear. Would love to find some active accountability partners.

Please let me know!
  • debhammond21
    debhammond21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Can I get in on this??
  • cecyornelas
    cecyornelas Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm also looking for an accountability group. Im trying to lose 20 lbs but i have trouble staying in my caloric budget so I would love to find some accountability buddies to support each other.
  • pennyd1010
    pennyd1010 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also would like some motivational & accountability friends. I tried adding all of you as friends but couldn't. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but add me please
  • babajarox
    babajarox Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me... Looking for a suport in loosing weight, Im daily active... Thanks
  • gamommy2
    edited March 2023
    Options
    pennyd1010 wrote: »
    I also would like some motivational & accountability friends. I tried adding all of you as friends but couldn't. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but add me please

I'm gonna try to add you all as friends since we have same goals. If anyone has a separate thread or has one existing, please add me or provide link.

Thanks!!!
  • gamommy2
    edited March 2023
    Options
    How's everyone doing? How has the past week been?

I've been motivated by the amount of weight I could lose according to Noom and ready to give weightloss a try again but frugally using MFP.

Yesterday was a great day!

Ran 4 miles and ate decently considering. Busy day and got 15k steps in. Better than a long time ;)

I'm bookmarking this so I can find easier and look forward to getting to know everyone and hear about you.
  • pennyd1010
    Options
    I actually made it to the Y Saturday & Sunday after probably 3 weeks of not going. Going to start eating better tomorrow. Fingers crossed
  • gamommy2
    Options
    How wonderful you made it to the Y Pennyd!
    Fingers crossed for you! Hoping to make better food choices and expend a bit more energy this week too!

Here's to a great week ahead for all of us!!!

Drop & Leave 20... 😉
  • SueBarry1
    SueBarry1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    HI-Happy to find this group=back on the saddle again- Im 70 years old, 5ft 3 currently 178 lbs. goal weight is 135. Need all the support I can get.
  • pennyd1010
    Options
    Welcome SueBarry1. I'll add you as a friend. I'm 62, 5 ft 5 in, & weigh 156. I do good for awhile & then go down hill. Trying to keep it going. My goal is 145 or size 8 or 10.
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I’m a long time MFP user but recently joined noom to get over the rollercoaster of losing and gaining. I need to focus on mindset around food and consistency in choices!

Glad to find other like minded individuals!
    We can do this!