Squats made my butt smaller

Options
So I used to have a soft squishy butt that I loved but this summer I started doing leg exercises (squats, lungs) thinking it would make my butt bigger, I was SOOO wrong, my butt is small now. I HATE my butt now and I would do anything to get my old butt back. After I noticed it was getting smaller I stopped doing the leg exercises and started just using the elliptical but it is still just as small. So recently I have resorted to eating alot and not going to the gym at all. Is this what I should be doing to get my butt back? I How do I un tighten the muscles in my butt and get it back to where it used to be? How long will it take? Please help.

Replies

• afewexcuses
    afewexcuses Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Doing alot of squats with heavy weight will give you a bigger booty. It just may take time and alot more of them.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    i sense troll.... something in the air...
  • faries21
    Options
    Is there a way to un-tighten my butt though? I made it tighter and smaller by doing squats and I do not want to do more squats because I am not interested in gaining muscle, I want the soft, squishy butt I used to have back.
  • afewexcuses
    afewexcuses Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just eat, and eats and eat until out can't eat anymore. Don't exercise and I'm sure you're backside of fat will return quickly! Good luck!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Just eat, and eats and eat until out can't eat anymore. Don't exercise and I'm sure you're backside of fat will return quickly! Good luck!

This...

I have to say tho I am surpried your butt got bigger...I did the squat challenage and my butt didn't get any smaller just lifted it...
  • faries21
    Options
    My butt was all fat before. No muscle. I think that was what the problem is. I just want to get it back to that point. But to do so I need to lose muscle and gain fat. I know how to gain fat obviously but Im not sure how to lose muscle.
  • katyanne15
    katyanne15 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i have been doing a lot of squats and lunges and have lost 50 lbs over the last year. all the toning has really helped shape my body but now I need to give my glutes some more meat. ive never had much in that department...yes it is now lifted and is a lot more firm and I am happy with that...i would like to fit in some nice jeans however :)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Seriously. Obvious troll is obvious, people.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    My butt got smaller from doing stronglifts 5x5 while eating at a surplus, which involves heavy barbell squats 3x a week. I was actually trying to make my glutes bigger, but in spite of eating at a surplus and gaining about 7lb, my butt actually got smaller. Go Figure!!

I'm not bothered though because the actual shape of it is greatly improved. And I can squat more than my bodyweight *kitten* to grass. I mean who could ask for more than that? Actually, I totally could ask for more than that. I want to be able to squat 2x my bodyweight!!
  • faries21
    Options
    Thats my problem. I lost fat, gained muscle. Unlike you Im bothered by it. Any idea how to lose the muscle?
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this is a troll but I have to weigh in anyway - I don't care about the person who wants to add "FAT" to her *kitten*....just go eat ice cream!

But I've been DIETING and doing Goblet squats with 10 lb weights (advancing from smaller weights of course) and my butt has gotten smaller and I am so pleased with the results. I would recommend squats to anyone who wants to reduce their butt size. My thighs and waist have gotten smaller as well. My leg strength has increased enormously and I feel so much more powerful. I am a squat convert!
  • faries21
    Options
    Im not trying to upset anyone. Sorry if I have.

The problem is I used to be curvy and feminine looking. Now my legs are way too muscular, they are HUGE and my butt is smaller and more muscular. Its really just not attractive.
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    Thats my problem. I lost fat, gained muscle. Unlike you Im bothered by it. Any idea how to lose the muscle?

First, park your butt on the sofa and do not move. Keep the TV in viewing distance and the remote next to you. I'm not sure what the best way to manage trips to the bathroom would be, but whatever you do, don't squat on the toilet, because that would use your glute muscles.

In order to lose muscle and gain fat, you need to alternate between doing juice cleanses, where you consume nothing but juice and water with some random substance like lemon juice or chilli pepper in it - do that for at least a couple of weeks - then switch to fat gaining by stuffing your face with pizza. You can get the pizza delivery man to pass you pizza through the window to make sure you're not actually using your glute muscles, because unused muscle is what your body will burn first if you're eating a very low calorie diet. So, 2-3 weeks of juice fast/starvation diet, and in between 1-2 weeks of the stuff your face with pizza diet, and whatever you do, don't get off the sofa and actually use your glute muscles.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why anyone would want a big butt.
  • Seriously. Obvious troll is obvious, people.

Yes. OBVIOUS to the 100th degree.
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    Im not trying to upset anyone. Sorry I have.

The problem is I used to be curvy and feminine looking. Now my legs are way too muscular, they are HUGE and my butt is smaller and more muscular. Its really just not attractive.

if you're genuine and not a troll (my last reply was written under the assumption that you're trolling, which i still think you are, but just in case you're not) - keep doing the squats but eat more to raise your body fat percentage. If you were curvy at a higher body fat percentage you'll be that much more curvy with more muscle under the fat.... so aim for your body fat percentage to be around 25-28% but keep doing the squats.
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    I don't understand why anyone would want a big butt.

Isn't there a song about that?

ETA:actually I think 2-3 songs about liking large behinds
  • faries21
    Options
    Its not HUGE. Just enough to fill out my jeans. I HAVE ZERO BUT NOW.
  • faries21
    Options
    100% genuine. I used to be overweight. It took me 2 years to get down to a good weigh but then I just went over board with the weights and now I have NO BUT and I just want to fix that so my jeans fit again. I have HUGE THIGHS and NO BUTT. I want to get my soft squishy butt back so jeans dont look stupid. Geezzz people.
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    100% genuine. I used to be overweight. It took me 2 years to get down to a good weigh but then I just went over board with the weights and now I have NO BUT and I just want to fix that so my jeans fit again. I have HUGE THIGHS and NO BUTT. I want to get my soft squishy butt back so jeans dont look stupid. Geezzz people.

“There is never an absolute answer to everything, except of course that you have to do your squats.” - Mark Rippetoe

so do your squats and eat ice cream. problem solved.