Daily check in for support and accountability

Options

Replies

• Letera1
    Letera1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So since I started I have been up n down on weight because taking weekend trips to see family n friends. I got sick before last weekend trip but now I am back. I have logged the last 2days n am back on track. I did a walk at lunch yesterday. Going again today n getting a salad for lunch again today. I have really enjoyed myfitnesspal to see where I am with micros. Making me aware. Loving it.
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    @Letera1 - I enjoy using Mfp too. Have you read any of the blogs? I recently read:
    https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/6-unintentional-habits-that-wreck-your-healthy-eating-plan/
    It provides information on unhealthy habits that can wreck your healthy eating plan.
    I really love the information I'm getting from these Mfp blogs.

September 21, 2023

Good morning!
    Talking about blogs. I also found some tips on good food choices while eating out.
    https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-cutting-calories-when-eating-out/
    It's something I've found a challenge recently, since most fast food places have eliminated the grilled chicken sandwich or salad options. I also decided that if we're eat out, I'm better off going to sit down restaurants than fast food. They provide more healthy food options.
  • harringtona1
    harringtona1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Wednesday weigh in
    SW 234
    CW 186
    GW 150 ish

Yikes. Sorry for that long post earlier. I have to put this phone away if I take a sleeping pill. At least i don't have any exes to text!

It's going good. I got past a weeks-long plateau keeping me around 190. Really enjoying the Pilates training. The weather allows for occasional walks.

My challenge lately is I'm having trouble liking food. I eat. Don't get me wrong. But I don't enjoy any it and have trouble thinking of something I want to eat when it's time for lunch or dinner. So today I started a list of things I have liked in the past. Hopefully hubby can help. He's generally easy to please and stays healthy. I'm gonna try leaning on him a little.

Keep it up all!! Go go go!!

• Veta2018
    edited September 2023
    Options
    September 22, 2023

Good morning!
    Today is weigh-in day. I weighed in at 169 lbs. That's a 1lb. loss. I recently bought a scale, but I don't think my scale is right. It fluctuates my weight too much. I feel lighter and my clothes don't feel as tight. So, I need to weigh myself at my mother-in-laws again. I'm happy, I'm moving in the right direction. *ugh...Aunt flow is visiting.

@harringtona1 - It was starting to feel like I was eating the same foods everyday...boring. So, I looked up some new recipes. I'm still eating the same healthy foods, but they mixed differently with different seasoning and become a new delicious flavor.
  • dogwalker157
    dogwalker157 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wow- great success on the weight loss Veta and Harrington! I wish I could say that I had the same issue with not liking food. These days I seem to be on the opposite end of the spectrum.

I continue to log in and am over my daily calorie budget. I'm just going to keep plugging away. I know that I'm going to get back on track! Have a great day!
  • Veta2018
    Options
    September 23, 2023

Good morning.
    Today is the first day of fall. I'm going to do a fall cleaning. Clean out my fridge and cabinets of old unhealthy foods. Putting a few of my husband's sweets and not so healthy foods on the top shelf. They will be out of my site and reach.(I'm 5ft)
  • harringtona1
    Options
    Veta - I do that with hubby's snacks too. Top shelf of a little cabinet I don't use. So I never have a reason to go in there. And then push them waaaay to the back with my old lady extension grabber thing. God I love that thing.

Dogwalker - just keep logging. It is working on you. It's a keystone habit that will help you do other things. You know what pushed you over in a certain meal. And you learn what food has more calories than you knew. Eventually everything will start to fall into place.

Today I learned I have a new habit which is that I don't care to eat all of a thing. I've been working on this while logging. And today it worked. We visited the daughter at college and she took us to every food place she could think of. After Korean bakery and cheese store and apple picking/cider donuts/roasted corn/you name it and Mexican for supper, I ended over my target but under 1400 calories. So the world didn't end. I bought everything I wanted (all of it!) which satisfied whatever urge I had to participate. I took a bite/sip or two or three to see what it tasted like and gave the rest to the family. I had the best time! I want to practice this so I'm really good on vacations too.

But I still can't seem to care about exercise. I need it. I have that Pilates once per week. But really I need a lot more. Any tips for getting in the treadmill or weights when you absolutely do not want to?

• Veta2018
    Options
    September 24, 2023

Been spending the past few days with family, away from home. I packed my snacks and waters. I did great and watching what I ate. However, I found myself talking about how I was watching what I'm eating, a lot. I even asked some of my family what they eat. It's like I'm a little obsessed. It's all I think about. I'm not obsessed with the scale. It's planning what to eat, looking up recipes and preparing snacks and meals. I used to get hungry and look in the kitchen for something to eat, and not be able to decide, so just didn't eat. That might be one of the reasons why I didn't eat all day, and only ate dinner with husband and munch on junk food for the rest of the night. Now that I'm eating every 3 hours, I have snack ready. I look up recipes so my hard boiled egg becomes a deviled guacamole egg. I think about the future, and what my plan will be to maintain my weight after I've reached my goal.
  • harringtona1
    Options
    @Veta2018 Good on ya! Usually I'm a don't-be-obsessive kind of girl. But in this case, you're prepping, letting family members get in on the new lifestyle, and getting used you a new way. Those things have to be done, so obsess away! If you can keep up that focus until these things become second nature you win. I loved this post :)

I just got home from the daughter visit and am exhausted. Hubby had energy to go grocery shopping. He remembered watermelon. With watermelon by my side, I can conquer the week.

Have a great week!
  • Veta2018
    Options
    September 25, 2023

I'm within my daily nutritional goals. I completed a 30 minute workout. I drinking plenty of water.
    As I think about all the weight loss plans out there, it can be difficult to decide what one would work best for me. (keto, paleo, mediterranean, fasting,...) so I sort of created my own. When I was a scout leader, I remember teaching the five basic food groups with the pyramid of daily recommend servings. I looked at it today. I couldn't imagine eating 6 to 8 servings of breads/grains. My pyramid looks more like this:
    ycfzcctht2ks.jpg
    The most impotent foods to me is a variety of vegetables and meats/fish. Then I eat some grains and fruits. I probably should include some diary in my diet. I'm watching my nutrition though, making sure to include the benifits of high protein, some carbs and fats, and avoiding unnecessary sugars.
  • dogwalker157
    dogwalker157 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    @harringtona1 - sounds like a really nice visit with your daughter. Enjoy that watermelon.

@Veta2018 - you seem to have some great motivation and enthusiasm. It is a nice feeling when you know that you're taking care of yourself.

I continue to inch my way back and I'm getting closer to my daily calorie goal. I need to get back to planning and have easy and quick meals ready to go. When it starts to get late and I'm tired, we will often get take out or eat out. It's better for me not to be in this situation but I am getting better at improving my food choices.

One of the things that I find the most helpful is to not have snack food in the house. If it's not in my surroundings I don't eat it! Seems obvious but these foods seem to slowly creep in for one reason or another and then I find myself eating a few hundred calories over on a regular basis. I just have to stay focused when I grocery shop and avoid the bakery section and snack aisles.

Have a great day!
  • Veta2018
    Options
    @dogwalker157 - Don’t overwhelm yourself. You can do this. I was having a challenge eating out too. I found this article helpful: https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-cutting-calories-when-eating-out/

September 26, 2023
    Today, I started my day with a 30 minute workout of alternating between 30 sec. intense exercise and 15 sec. moderate moves. I'll eat a good breakfast. Then, I will need to plan my meals and make my grocery list.

💪"The hard days are what make you stronger." - Aly Raisman💪
  • roan4wrd
    roan4wrd Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Weight today 174.6 - feeling progress; didn't follow my planned diet yesterday nor did I drink the water that I should. Back on the better trajectory today though! Fasted 15 hours, healthy lunch, 1 hour walk and a good visit with friends I hadn't seen in a while - Always a good thing! Now for a productive afternoon and determination to keep to the meal plan. It is encouraging to be down 5.4 lbs!

"Sometimes a cheerful earful is the best boost to keep you on track." me!
    Thankful for friends who check in with a smile!
  • Veta2018
    Options
    @roan4wrd - congratulations on the 5.4 lbs. lose. 😁
  • Veta2018
    Options
    September 27, 2023

Good morning,
    I have a couple new recipes planned for this week. I feel like changing it up a little and try something new. I'm having a 1/2 cup of oatmeal with blueberries and walnuts. I'm working towards low carbs but I felt like this would be a good add to get the benifits of whole-grain, high-fiber. I read this is beneficial to rebuild muscle after a workout. As I lose the weight, I want to be losing fat not muscle. Also, I'm a little sore from yesterdays workout, so I'm going to take it easy today, and go back to doing a beginners pilates.

☺ Life has it's ups and downs, we call them squats ☺
  • Veta2018
    Options
    September 28, 2023

Good morning,

I preloged my food for the day staying within my daily goals. Changing things up a little, I completed a 45 minute fusion of Yoga and Pilates. I'm drinking plenty of water. I reduced my caffeine to one small cup of coffee in the morning. No more unsweetened ice tea throughout the day.

I love this time of year, observing all the leaves change into many colors, that'll create a beautiful landscape. I enjoy sitting outside and observing the night's sky on a cool night in front of a bon fire. I like being outside and breath in the fresh air, feel the wind on my face, and take in all nature has to offer.....Life is good.
  • Veta2018
    Options
    September 29, 2023

Good morning!
    I got on the scale this morning. I've lost another pound this week. That is a total of 12 lbs. I'm logging my foods and drinks, drink water, posting my daily check-in, and exercising five days a week. I've educated myself about losing weight and strategies to keep it off. As I put what I learn into action, I'm obtaining a slow but steady weight loss. I feel like I'm making great progress.
  • harringtona1
    Options
    Congrats veta!!!!
    And congrats to dogwalker as well for the progress. That's what it's all about: sustainable stuff. I think the slower I move, the longer the habits stick.

Oops late as usual with my Wednesday weigh in
    SW 234
    CW 186
    GW 150
    I've been in a plateau for a few weeks. I know I can increase the Wegovy dosage, but I'd like to start moving away from the meds. Constant constipation is wreaking havoc with my body. I won't get detailed lol. But with that and a little bloating and queasiness, I'm uncomfortable often. Don't even want to eat. I'm eating calories few enough to lose, and yet...
    So I'm focusing on recreating the exercise habits I had before the summer heat hit. Hubby and I started walking again. I'm rowing during webinars. And I've got my weekly Pilates, which is really fun. I don't want to go overboard because I only want to implement what I can continue for years. I'll have to take a good look at food habits.during this time. Not gonna change, but want to see what good things I'm already doing that I can put in the forever list.
  • Veta2018
    Options
    September 30, 2023

Goodbye,
    This will be my last post here. It's been a great month. Thank you to all who have shared their experiences with me and gave me tips or advice. Your support has been helpful and is appreciated. I found a wounderful group of people! I'm learning a lot, as I read about everyones daily expereinces, stratigies, and tips. They all make me feel like family. You're welcome to add me as a friend to continue this journey with me or you can find me here, in my new group.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/145480-ultimate-accountability-challenge-october-2023
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I know I've been pretty silent for the past 2 months or so. A lot has been going on but if I don't get my butt in gear, it's going to be bad. I hit my lowest weight ever this past spring. Now I've put 25 lbs back on already. So many excuses followed by so many legit emergencies..... it just hasn't been pretty.

I did get back to my Zumba class yesterday and I'm starting with logging accurately again. Hopefully, I can force myself to stick to it and remember it wasn't so hard once I was willing to put the effort in again. I just let myself get in a funk that backtracked me a lot.