Protein French Toast

Options
GloriaBJN
GloriaBJN Posts: 78 Member
edited March 2023 in Recipes
Ingredients
Protein French Toast

OMG: I was so excited to find this recipe. Adding protein powder to french toast makes it such a good food choice when you're trying to meet your protein intake goals. So good.

The link to the original recipe is at the bottom of this post. TheBigManWorld used high protein bread, which probably accounts for the very high protein count in the Nutrition section. Copying your actual ingredients into the app would give you the accurate protein count for your ingredients. I used regular white bread, 3 large eggs only (not the 3 large egg whites), and vanilla protein powder, which calculated to 29g of protein for 2 slices. Butter and pancake syrup as shown in the picture aren't included in the recipe or nutrition section. Instead of powdering icing sugar on top, I sprinkled Splenda.

Ingredients
▢6 slices bread
▢2 large eggs
▢3 large egg whites
▢1 teaspoon cinnamon
▢1/2 cup milk of choice
▢1/2 cup protein powder
▢1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Instructions
In a mixing bowl, whisk together all the ingredients, except for the bread.
Dip each slice of bread in the 'custard' mixture, ensuring each slice is soaked. Repeat the process until all the bread is used.
Lightly spray a non-stick pan with cooking spray and place it over medium heat. Once hot, add slices of the bread and cook for 4-5 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Sift powdered sugar over the French toast and serve immediately.

Notes
TO STORE: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to three days.
TO FREEZE: Place the cooled French toast slices in individual ziplock bags and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
TO REHEAT: You can reheat the French toast by placing them in a toaster like you would normal bread, or in a preheated oven.

Nutrition:
Serving: 1slice
Calories: 115kcal
Carbohydrates: 13g
Protein: 20g (BMW used high protein bread)
Fat: 3g
Sodium: 230mg
Potassium: 116mg
Fiber: 1g
Vitamin A: 104IU
Vitamin C: 1mg
Calcium: 92mg
Iron: 2mg
NET CARBS: 12g

https://thebigmansworld.com/protein-french-toast/#wprm-recipe-container-61141