Other Hobbies besides fitness

Options
garganoj75
garganoj75 Posts: 13 Member
edited March 2023 in Chit-Chat
What other hobbies do you all have besides fitness? I have several, cars and motorcycles, sports, but my real passion is art. He is a sample of my work. Both are watercolor paintings. ymims9tqmjuu.jpg

s2ywyt8u8ugv.jpg

Replies

• crazyhorse8
    crazyhorse8 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    garganoj75 wrote: »
    What other hobbies do you all have besides fitness? I have several, cars and motorcycles, sports, but my real passion is art. He is a sample of my work. Both are watercolor paintings. ymims9tqmjuu.jpg

s2ywyt8u8ugv.jpg

Hello! I am a classically trained artist with a BA in Fine Arts and your work is beautiful! Thank you for sharing it and thank you for your service as well!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,008 Member
    Options
    What normally gets my time on busy work days is playing Clash of Clans on my phone or watching crime dramas with my wife. On weekends when I don't have a work day with 3 hours of commuting and therefore time to spend, I like to read/write fantasy novels.
  • garganoj75
    Options

s2ywyt8u8ugv.jpg

Hello! I am a classically trained artist with a BA in Fine Arts and your work is beautiful! Thank you for sharing it and thank you for your service as well!

Thank you. I wanted to go to art school, but my Dad said he wouldn't pay for it, so I joined the military and retired in 2016. I still work, but my art is my side gig. I love chatting with other artist, so hope to hear from you again. You should post some of your work. I'll post some of my other too. Thanks again.
  • garganoj75
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    What normally gets my time on busy work days is playing Clash of Clans on my phone or watching crime dramas with my wife. On weekends when I don't have a work day with 3 hours of commuting and therefore time to spend, I like to read/write fantasy novels.

Love crime dramas. I am a suckered for Discovery ID, lol
  • Dot2527
    Dot2527 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Your art is amazing! I love gardening, hiking, and listening to any podcasts that make me think, and watching the Red Sox. Technically its an exercise but I also really enjoy boxing, it has done amazing things for my mental health
  • garganoj75
    edited March 2023
    Options
    @crazyhorse8 here are a couple more pieces. The cowboy is oil (master copy) and the cars are watercolor

8ql2yvsf51sp.jpg

wml3urwx57c1.jpg

• crazyhorse8
    Options

s2ywyt8u8ugv.jpg

Thank you. I wanted to go to art school, but my Dad said he wouldn't pay for it, so I joined the military and retired in 2016. I still work, but my art is my side gig. I love chatting with other artist, so hope to hear from you again. You should post some of your work. I'll post some of my other too. Thanks again.

I will have to look at what photos I have of my work...most of it has been gifted to family. I had received a scholarship in High School for my BA, but I have never been able to make a living at it so It has always been a side line for me as well.

My focus was painting and drawing. Had some commercial illustration as well in school. I thought it might be fun to do a self portrait and post it as a selfie too on MFP.
  • crazyhorse8
    Options
    @garganoj75, Thank you for posting some more of your work...nicely done! You have a real talent with watercolor which can be much more difficult to work with.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,194 Member
    Options
    @garganoj75 your art is fantastic. I always wanted to be able to paint or draw.

My hobbies are figure skating, curling (the sport) and baking. I really enjoy decorating cookies and cakes
  • crazyhorse8
    Options
    @Alinouveau2 Your beautiful cookies and pastries are works of art!
  • TxDesertFox
    TxDesertFox Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Beautiful artwork!
    I took some art classes in college because I wanted to fashion designer...that's actually why I switched my major, too. lol

Other than working out/running...I like to camp, hike, dabble in astrophotography when I can, read and write. I have about 5 novels I've been working on. I get about 14 chapters in and hit a wall, put it away, and start writing another story, get midway or close to the end, hit a wall, repeat that several times.
  • garganoj75
    Options
    Beautiful artwork!
    I took some art classes in college because I wanted to fashion designer...that's actually why I switched my major, too. lol

Other than working out/running...I like to camp, hike, dabble in astrophotography when I can, read and write. I have about 5 novels I've been working on. I get about 14 chapters in and hit a wall, put it away, and start writing another story, get midway or close to the end, hit a wall, repeat that several times.

That is awesome. I know all too well about hitting a wall. I had a colored pencil drawing I started and then put it away for over a year. Pulled it back out and finished it, but took another three months. It happens quite often with me. I am currently working on two paintings and becoming uninspired quickly, 😆.
  • garganoj75
    Options

My hobbies are figure skating, curling (the sport) and baking. I really enjoy decorating cookies and cakes

Thank you. I love skating. Woukd love to see your cookie decorating.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    @Alinouveau2 Your beautiful cookies and pastries are works of art!

Thank you you're too kind. It's my way of being creative I guess
  • Alinouveau2
    edited March 2023
    Options

Thank you. I love skating. Would love to see your cookie decorating.
    These were my latest valentines ones

il4lh1hlzlko.jpg
    jd3a2mtm9ytv.jpg
  • TxDesertFox
    TxDesertFox Posts: 53 Member
    Options

Thank you. I love skating. Would love to see your cookie decorating.
    These were my latest valentines ones

il4lh1hlzlko.jpg
    jd3a2mtm9ytv.jpg

Those are so cute! And look delicious.
  • crazyhorse8
    Options
    @TxDesertFox pretty pops and your photo's are stunning! Thank you for sharing them.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    I'm not a baker but I decided to do something special for the ladies in my dept for Valentine's Day. First attempt at cake pops. Made about 60.
    Starry photos were from my camping trip to Big Bend National Park in January (I camped outside the park in a nearby town).
    t8865k096tnj.jpg
    f273acgw1uwg.jpg
    mzlsx8xep40k.jpg

Those pops are awesome and the starry photos beautiful
  • ElMeroKeeQue
    ElMeroKeeQue Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Martial arts and music. And coaching my daughters softball team.