Must See Places in the USA

Options
cyn_love
cyn_love Posts: 93 Member
I have always WANTED to travel, but only recently started having the means to do it. I have a map with all states (I only mark off ones my boyfriend and I have been to together) that I can't wait to fill with pictures. So far we have pictures for Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Mississippi. We have also been to Texas, Kansas, and Alabama but didn't take a map-worthy picture. :( We love hiking adventures and scenery.

Anyway, where are your favorite places?

Replies

• TxDesertFox
    TxDesertFox Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Big Bend area. By far my favorite place in Texas. The stars are big and bright out there. I prefer to camp when I'm out there. I always book private camping sites because I prefer to be as far away from other humans as I possibly can when I'm camping. But if you prefer toilets and a shower there are lots of rentals in the area. Just be mindful you'll have little to no cell reception (another reason I love it out there). Another place is Palo Duro Canyon, the Grand canyon of Texas. Lol I was only there briefly as a stop on my way to NM (took my dog on one last adventure together before he passed), but I'm headed back to see more of it in April, which is a great time from what I'm told if you want to see the Milky Way.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,229 Member
    Options
    The California coast north of like San Fransisco is beautiful. Redwoods, cliffs, beaches, it has it all.
    We're road tripping from Canada to Atlanta next week but our purpose is to see presidential libraries so sadly we won't be seeing natural wonders
  • cyn_love
    Options
    @TxDesertFox I've heard great things about big bend. I’ll definitely make it out there. Hopefully this year.

@Alinouveau2 I've always wanted to see the sequoias. CA is HUGE though. Someday!
  • DFW_Tom
    DFW_Tom Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    The Texas Hill Country - best on 2 wheels.
    The Grand Canyon, North Rim. It is more than just a big hole. I got goose bumps the first time.
    Meteor Crater, Arizona. Yikes!
    Hoover Dam/Lake Mead
    Columbia River Gorge
    Hanging Lake, CO - bit of a hike, but one of the most beautiful places in the country.
    Mt Rushmore
    Mt Vernon
    Mt St. Helens
    The National Mall, especially the Air and Space Museum.
    Duluth, MN
    Cape Canaveral, FL

America is full of beautiful, historic and awe inspiring places. The absolute best is Yellowstone National Park. Do whatever it takes to visit for several days.
  • cyn_love
    Options
    @DFW_Tom Thanks! I've never heard of some of those places.

I just booked a quick weekend trip to Natural Falls Park in Oklahoma. Hopefully it'll make for a relaxing weekend. :)
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,166 Member
    Options
    Colorado - Pike's Peak, either a shot from the city of Colorado Springs with Pike's Peak in the background, or from the top of the mountain while looking down at the city from up high

Idaho - Seven Falls near Twin Falls. It's a seasonal thing...some times in the year it's a dry cliff wall, but other times the snowmelt causes a gorgeous series of waterfalls all close together

North Dakota - International Peace Gardens, along the ND/Canada border, is an enormous flower garden several acres large, maintained by both countries, with absolutely spectacular colors in the summer
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,661 Member
    Options
    I haven’t been but it’s on the top of my list, Mesa Verde in Colorado.
    The amazing pueblo built by long ago Native American people high in the mountain side.