Getting there
57% 4 votes
Wont get there
42% 3 votes

Replies

• cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    It depends. On ur training, genetics, adherence and ability to diet down to lowish body fat levels.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Are you asking if you can have the same physique as a multiple time Mr. Universe? No, of course not. Don't be irrational. Can you improve your physique if you work at it? Of course, but, without steroids you will only see progress to a certain point. It's thr law of diminishing returns. The longer you've been training, the less progress you will make.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    OP, you look good. (I'm way old enough to be your granny and then some, so this is a totally pure remark on my part, please be assured.) If you keep training, you'll keep looking better.

So keep training. It's a good use of your time, and you're at an age of near-maximum potential.

Don't worry about comparatives. It's a trap. Be the best possible you.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,426 Member
    Options
    You know, that’s like me posting a photo of myself versus a supermodel.

It’s not gonna happen. First of all, I’m too lazy and uncoordinated to apply makeup, not do I care to learn how, same as I bet you couldn’t or wouldn’t want to put in the dietary and exercise work to look like Arnold.

Second of all, have you ever seen a pic of a supermodel without their makeup? Pretty average looking.

When bodybuilders aren’t cutting and bulking and all that other hoodoo they do, I got news for ya. They don’t look like bodybuilders. Most do a rigorous program before a show or photoshoot. It’s not possible to look like that 24/7.

Don’t set yourself up for failure by seeking perfection. Like Ann, I’m old as dirt (such good nourishing dirt we are, Ann 😇) so this comes from a motherly place.

You look just fine. Be happy where you are. You’ve outstripped 97% or more of other young men your age. Unless you want to go pro, why put yourself through the drama?

Comparison is the thief of joy.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    To Arnold's size? Well not without gear. Getting to that size naturally would take some really really good genetics.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    Options
    Social media is one source of validation and reassurance. Don't let it become an obsession and impact your body image. Using external sources for compliments, measuring your body's value and self-worth, can trigger consequences in children, teens and adults.