Needing advice

Options
Hi there,

I've been on MFP for a few years but never had a look at the community. So here I am. Let me tell you my story:

I was born pre-mature and never kept food well, therefore I was an extremly thin baby which worried my Mum a lot. By the time I've started primary school, I fitted into my Mum's clothes. I also had really short hair, thick glasses and we just moved to the area, so no friends. I got bullied and called names and never shed any weight. I guess my Mum was just relieved that I wasn't the skinny toddler anymore for a while and then she decided I need to loose weight. I had to write down what I ate and when I ate healthy, she gave me 50 cent. I was still fat in my early teenage years but consistently lost weight and by the time I turned 15, I weight 50 kg (I'm 5f 2 in). Despite my love to Nutella, I was able to keep my weight between 50-55 kg until I turned 30. At that age, I've changed jobs and moved from a role where I was standing up and walking around all day to a management job which made me sit all day. I also ate too many carbs and too much chocolate.

This might sound funny but I didn't feel that I put on weight. It was just suddenly there. I sort of knew I had put on some weight as my clothes didn't fit anymore. But I didn't weigh myself and I still felt skinny (just not when I looked in the mirror). One day, my partner told me that I've put soo much weight on and then I should start loosing some. I then checked my weight and I weigh 92 kg!!! I could not believe my eyes. I think that must have been around 5 years ago and I'm 85 kg in the moment. But to be honest, I've tried everything to get bak to 55 kg.

Over the years, I've tried Jenny Craig - put on weight, tried fruit only - put on weight, tried Dukan - lost weight but I really, really missed the carbs. I've signed up to various 1200 kcal programs - nothing. I've tried the 5:2 diet and that enabled me to loose a few kg (87 to 85 kg). Therefore I thought if I eat little all the time, I will loose weight quicker. I've now been on a 500-600 kcal a day diet for 3 months and have not lost a gram. I feel desperate!

I've posted on here and peole were explaining that I'm eating too little which takes quite a bit of pesuasion for me to believe that if you eat too little, you cannot loose weight. I suppose I've stuffed my body and my diet around for so many years, I don't knwo what to believe anymore. Some people say no carbs, other people say less protein - it's so confusing. I need to learn what and how much I need to eat and I'm looking for help from someone who has been there.

I've uped my kcal to 1500 a day plus regular exercise. So we see how we go.

I would appreciate if you could tell me how you've transfered your diet and lifestyle, what did you eat, what exercise did you do? How did you keep yourself motivated. I'd really apreciate your help. Please feel free to check out my food diary (but I only just started)

Thank you!
Nina

Replies

• elsdonward
    elsdonward Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Right - the reason why I am trying to advise you is yep- I dont lose weight easily either. But having said that......

A few things I have picked up which are all TRUTHS

Elephants are huge but there are no fat ones. They eat thorns and plants and these make massive ivory tusks. They eat no meat whatsoever.

Meat has antibiotics, cholesterol and colouring agents in it
    Milk has bovine viruses in it
    Asparteme will definitely spoil your sense of sweetness. Never drink diet drinks from now on
    White sugar is a poison. Use molasses or cane unrefined.
    Starche like potatoes and rice are fine - they do not make you fat all the people in other countries who eat these things stay trim
    Do not eat saturated fats or oils in your food
    Do not eat biscuits, pastries or sweets
    Use brown or wholemeal breads
    Limit dairy

Make sure you get to know the calorific value of everything and find alternatives (l LIKE ROAST PARSNIPS AND BROAD BEANS)

Hope this helps you
  • stacyhaddenham
    stacyhaddenham Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    My advice is go see your dr. Have them run blood work and a thyroid check and make sure that you aren't fighting something other than weight. 600 calories a day could for so long could have tipped your body into starvation mode. But if everything you have tried has failed then it is time to make sure that there isn't an underlying cause.

If everything comes back normal then start with small meaningful changes that you can stick with that are geared towards a healthier, sustainable you.