Clean Foods List

Options
13»

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I tried cleaning my breakfast this morning, it didn't turn out very well. :cry:
  • allbarrett
    allbarrett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing these "clean food" posts, and I have to admit, what many/most people seem to mean by "clean food" sounds like "food" to me. Am I missing something vital here?
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Food
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Oranges. Only oranges.
  • Quieau
    Quieau Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I agree that whole, local and organic produce, meats and dairy are ideal. But I also consider certain prepackaged foods 'clean' enough for me to enjoy regularly without as much work (if I can't find a 'clean' version, I'll make it but I will use really high quality packaged foods to help save time). Examples: organic hummus made whole ingredients (chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice), organic salsa in a glass jar (avoid cans) with only good ingredients like tomatoes, onions, peppers, garlic, lemon juice. Can't find a great bread so I make my own whole wheat bread. We grind our own sausage (like chicken, pork, beef) as it's really hard to find 'clean' in the market.

Basically, look for the most natural, nutritive and organic food items that you have available. And know that there are ways to get it even if you don't have a great grocery store local! For instance,

Abes Market
    (Online source with free shipping on orders over $49)
    http://AbesMarket.com

Azure Standard
    (Order online, pick up at one of hundreds of drop points across the nation on a monthly basis.)
    http://AzureStandard.com

Green PolkaDot Box
    (An online buying club that sells real, organic food!)
    http://www.greenpolkadotbox.com/

Basically, if you're not already, you're going to need to cook almost everything you eat unless you have good quality substitutes for home cooking.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Food
    Yes. Unless you drop it on the floor and don't pick it up within 3 seconds. BTW, why do you still have that picture up? Have you forgotten that you're being mean? :laugh:
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Food
    Yes. Unless you drop it on the floor and don't pick it up within 3 seconds. BTW, why do you still have that picture up? Have you forgotten that you're being mean? :laugh:

I know, I know....But how do I balance my meaness with my hobby of covert sabotage?
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    As for organic food, sometimes i prefer it for the taste,, organic veg seems to have a better flavor... thats the reason i would eat organic.
  • green_owl
    green_owl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love Armi!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I apologize in advance if this is a repeat thread. I am looking for a source for a list of "clean" foods. I have read several comments about the number of or lack of ingredients making foods clean but I am one who does better with a list to go by is there such a thing available anywhere? Thanks for the help!

Most clean foods will not have a label. "Clean" refers to natural food. Not foods labelled "natural" but foods that have little or no human involvement in their production. The more involvement man has, the less clean the food.

If you want to eat clean, then just think whole and natural. As yourself "How close is this food I'm purchasing to it's natural state?"
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Check out www.foodbabe.com
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Basic rule of thumb - if it has an ingredients list, it isn't "clean".

Ridiculous. Eat all the food barring personal dislikes & medical needs there is no reason to avoid any food or type. Hit your macros & micros and you'll be fine.

The description of "clean" above isn't ridiculous. A bit oversimplified (wild caught fish, for example, often is packaged and has an ingredients label), but certainly not ridiculous.

Just because you choose a different diet, doesn't make the description ridiculous.