Hi

Options
Good evening everyone! Hi 👋 I'm Cyndi almost 55 I had a gastric sleeve surgery a year ago. I've lost almost 100 pounds. My good habits have altered I've hit a plateau. I'm stuck. So I've come back to fitness pal for help and encouragement. I'm down now to 222.4 I so want out of the 2's being under the 3s is awesome but I'm greedy and want more gone.

Replies

• Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,047 Member
    Options
    Sometimes greediness is a good thing. Hurray for you, you've come so far!
  • beckymarcks
    beckymarcks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi cyndi, did you manage to fix the plateau? I'm stuck in that now and honestly tried everything. I struggle to eat enough protein I think. I don't want to have whey but think I'm going to have to try that. I'd love to hear your progress, you've done amazing!
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,741 Member
    Options
    Hi cyndi, did you manage to fix the plateau? I'm stuck in that now and honestly tried everything. I struggle to eat enough protein I think. I don't want to have whey but think I'm going to have to try that. I'd love to hear your progress, you've done amazing!

Hello Becky and Cyndi!

I also sometimes struggle with getting enough protein. I used to skip breakfast (and often lunch) which wasn’t a great idea.

These days I have a protein shake every day with breakfast. Sometimes if I’m not feeling hungry it’s my entire breakfast. But it’s something at least.

A Glucerna shake is 30 grams of protein and it goes down relatively easily.
    If you’re a coffee drinker you could make a “mocha” by mixing a chocolate Glucerna with coffee. Or blend it with some ice on a hot day.

Just a thought.