Anyone else here because they left WW?

Options
TXBlockhead
TXBlockhead Posts: 169 Member
The recent changes are just too much for me. They are getting away from what works in my opinion. If I'm not going to be able to meet in person I'll just do MyFitnessPal. So much cheaper and I know from experience that it WORKS!

Replies

• Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I’m here as tried WW… lost weight …. but was the “free” food concept I didn’t get … & then the expense of it! Love MFP & is free!
  • 1200Vmaxqueen
    1200Vmaxqueen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello..how do I get friends on here.. first day for me.
  • StaciInGa
    StaciInGa Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Never did more than a free trial w/ WW - but I read someone else's comment this morning that in their opinion the new WW is not designed to help people to lose weight because that could lead to loss of business. The new list of 'free' foods included a good bit of moderately calorie dense items. Eating all the chicken and beans one wants is not a recipe for success...
  • chrisisknitting
    chrisisknitting Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I, too, lost weight a year ago using WW and lots of walking. They switch plans around so much and it’s way too expensive. I need to learn how to make Myfitnesspal work just as well for me.
  • heatheraeldridge1969
    Options
    I had been on WW since 2008 and lost 83+ pounds. However, the last four years have seen me go through several back surgeries and cancer treatments. Due to this I was sent into menopause. Now it's been so hard to relose what I've gained.
    Now, WW has closed at least 80% of their studios, which is BS. Including mine, but that's beside the point. Most of us need community to be successful in our journeys. Your head knows what to do, your heart and emotions need the accountability.
  • whassupspencer
    whassupspencer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am also a ww escapee. Got tired of the drama. Bureaucracy. Constant change and whining from people who weren't losing weight because they weren't following the plan. I know from experience that it's a program that you can lose weight on but it's a lifestyle not a Band-Aid type diet. I have about 10 to 15 lb before I get to my goal and I just want to get there. I'm on a trial basis right now and I'm fairly certain that I will stay after my 30-day trial. It's cheaper than ww and not as crazy
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,804 Member
    Options
    norrkat wrote: »
    I wish the Community element was more robust, but the rest of it is pretty great.

As an aside, you get out of it what you put into it.

I sincerely hope you’ll become involved in the community!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I did WW in the 90s. I thought about rejoining in 2012, but the cost was prohibitive and then I found MFP and discovered I actually prefer MFP (free version.)
  • TXBlockhead
    Options
    Oh, wow, are they doing away with in-person meetings? Or is it just your individual meeting?

Welcome into the easier, softer way.

Yes, they are. Most of the meetings across the whole country are GONE! Crazy!!
  • TXBlockhead
    Options
    luvsjpm wrote: »
    I'm considering canceling my subscription as well and I was a leader at one point. What they are doing is disgraceful.

Goes against EVRYTHING that they used to stand for!
  • TXBlockhead
    Options
    norrkat wrote: »
    I wish the Community element was more robust, but the rest of it is pretty great.

As an aside, you get out of it what you put into it.

I sincerely hope you’ll become involved in the community!

The community here used to be great!
  • TXBlockhead
    Options
    I am also a ww escapee. Got tired of the drama. Bureaucracy. Constant change and whining from people who weren't losing weight because they weren't following the plan. I know from experience that it's a program that you can lose weight on but it's a lifestyle not a Band-Aid type diet. I have about 10 to 15 lb before I get to my goal and I just want to get there. I'm on a trial basis right now and I'm fairly certain that I will stay after my 30-day trial. It's cheaper than ww and not as crazy

I did MFP for years and I've done WW for years. They are basically the same from my experience. One just counts calories and macros and one counts points. We've got this!
  • sarahneverquits
    sarahneverquits Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I liked WW at the restart of my journey. It was simple and I didn’t need to put too much thought in. I found as time went on I wanted to optimize the process for myself and felt macros were one avenue I wanted to try to do that. The whole “macros are too complicated” thing that WW was actively and officially saying was a sign that maybe I was ready for a shift.

The Sequence acquisition actually made a lot of sense to me. A company like WW has something to offer the clinical weight loss patient (a nutrition structure to support) and Sequence would likely provide a membership boost to a struggling company. Win-win and maybe actually good for people overall. Where it lost me was the nastiness and judgment all over Connect about medications and people who use them - oof. No thanks. It was the perfect motivation to make a change.