All Veggies, No carbs, Still No Weight Loss...?

2»

Replies

• WOW! Thanks for all the positive feedback guys.

I love a nice PB&J with 12 grain bread, but I have recently started crashing hard core from the sugars.

I started adding the little stuff today and you are right, my morning cal intake went up by 125 calories!

I think with more logging my true diet will become more clear. I love this site!!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    bump
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    WOW! Thanks for all the positive feedback guys.

I love a nice PB&J with 12 grain bread, but I have recently started crashing hard core from the sugars.

I started adding the little stuff today and you are right, my morning cal intake went up by 125 calories!

I think with more logging my true diet will become more clear. I love this site!!!
    Perhaps trying nut butter so it doesn't contain sugar and a jam or preserve that is all fruit and no sugar added. That will then make it fruit as the sugar and what ever type of bread you eat.

Becca
  • Scncartist
    Scncartist Posts: 173
    I'm having a hard time with the food entry. My "Homemade Vegetable Stir Fry" has no noodles. We use bean sprouts instead.

With my cereal, should I enter the milk separately?

What about when I add sunflower seeds to my veggies?

I seriously just cut up veggies, steam them and that is what I eat, but I have no idea of how to enter that. I don't eat potatoes, cauliflower or the other generic veggies they put in 'mixed vegetables'.

I have been eating the Kettle chips because I just plain have the munchies and seem to have the calories to spare.

Eating in moderation has always been a problem for me. I seem to hit the same roadblocks every time.

Thanks for the feedback folks.

For your cereal, I would enter the milk separately based on the info on the side of the milk container. I ALWAYS check the information on MFP against labels and trusted internet sources. Even "label foods" are often mis-labeled here.

For your stir-fry, weigh ever veggie group ie: carrots 3 oz, beans 2 oz...what ever. Enter each separately. This only needs to be done once, because you can save it as a meal or as a recipe. You won't always have to measure when you make the same thing, you'll be able to eye ball it after a while. You might find you are surprised with how MANY veggies you can eat that really doesn't add up to much in calories.

I'm sure its been mentioned a bunch, but nuts are yummy, if you have munchies and need calories 1/4 cup of cashews is roughly 160 calories. I enjoy sugar free pudding, low fat cottage cheese, greek yogurt and 100 cal bags of kettle corn when I need to eat something with some calories. :-)
This discussion has been closed.