2»

Replies

• csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    rosieholly wrote: »
    csplatt wrote: »
    Are you saying you are burning about 1700 calories exercising over the course of two walks - one in morning and one at night? Thanks — i had a hard time following all the comments.

1700 cals burned doing a 5k walk plus evening cardio and weights. Seems high but came from my fitbit. I think this may include walking about too.

so is it telling you that 1700 is the total calories burned for the DAY, via fitbit? and not just from exercising? from all your movement for the day?

if so, that would mean eating 1400 per day is creating a 300 calorie deficit which seems fine.

sorry if i am still not tracking. i just know that when i walk a few miles i burn maybe 100 cal per mile (certainly this varies per person) so i was trying to figure it all out. i am thrown off by some of the other numbers being discussed like 2305z

• rosieholly
    rosieholly Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    rosieholly wrote: »
    Are you saying you are burning about 1700 calories exercising over the course of two walks - one in morning and one at night? Thanks — i had a hard time following all the comments.

1700 cals burned doing a 5k walk plus evening cardio and weights. Seems high but came from my fitbit. I think this may include walking about too.

so is it telling you that 1700 is the total calories burned for the DAY, via fitbit? and not just from exercising? from all your movement for the day?

if so, that would mean eating 1400 per day is creating a 300 calorie deficit which seems fine.

sorry if i am still not tracking. i just know that when i walk a few miles i burn maybe 100 cal per mile (certainly this varies per person) so i was trying to figure it all out. i am thrown off by some of the other numbers being discussed like 2305z

grh5get9u95l.jpg
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    rkcampbell wrote: »
    So are you saying your linked Fitbit is giving you an ADDITIONAL 2300 calories? That seems quite excessive. Although I could always be wrong. If that’s the case, then your calculations would be correct. If that’s your final number of total calories burned according to your Fitbit then that would be your TDEE as stated earlier.

It does seem like a big adjustment, but bear in mind that OP told MFP the were sedentary when they're actually putting in15000+ steps per day.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    rkcampbell wrote: »
    So are you saying your linked Fitbit is giving you an ADDITIONAL 2300 calories? That seems quite excessive. Although I could always be wrong. If that’s the case, then your calculations would be correct. If that’s your final number of total calories burned according to your Fitbit then that would be your TDEE as stated earlier.

It does seem like a big adjustment, but bear in mind that OP told MFP the were sedentary when they're actually putting in15000+ steps per day.

A TDEE of 3700+ (3700 plus deficit according to selected weight loss rate) sounds way way excessive though, even with 15000 steps a day, for someone looking to lose 60lbs (presuming those 60lbs will put her at a normal BMI).

Either the sync is wonky or Fitbit is overestimating a lot.
    Best thing would be to first check at the source (Fitbit) what they say for total calorie burn for the day, to pinpoint the issue.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Looks to me like daily activity is going in twice. Once as the full days burn and again as “exercise.”