Is there anyway to allow Fitbit to track yet not add extra calories to my daily quota?

Options
Can I stop adding extra calories to my daily quota yet still keep my Fitbit connected?

Best Answer

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,201 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Users who subscribe to MyFitnessPal Premium can modify the effects of logging cardio exercise. This can be helpful, for example, to those who must not consume more than a certain amount of carbs per day, or who may wish to distribute their exercise calories across fat, carbs and protein for specific dietary or performance goals.

With a Premium subscription:
    - In Android and iOS, visit the "Goals" Screen and tap "Exercise Calories"
    - On the Web, click "My Home" then "Goals" then click "Edit" in the "Fitness" area

Then, turn exercise calories to "Off" if you want your nutritional goals to remain static when you add cardio exercise.
    Or leave, exercise calorie "on," but select "Custom percentage" and modify the ratio of carbs, protein and fat added back to your goals when you work out!

For more information on how we calculate your initial goals, please see this article: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/articles/360032625391-How-does-MyFitnessPal-calculate-my-initial-goals .