Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Total weight of Meal

Options
When we create our “Meals” it gives us the total calories of that meal. It would be great if the app would give us the total weight of the meal too.
So when we come to eating only a portion of that meal we could work calories of that portion size.
So if it’s a batch meal and we only eat a portion of it, I have add up the weight of the total meal, work out the percentage of the meal from the portion weight and then that gives me the calories of my portion.

Manually adding up all the weight is time consuming so of the app could tally this up too along side the calories this would defiantly make the calorie tracking for more quicker where we can eat our portion while it’s still hot! 😄
3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,816 Member
    Options
    It really can't do this reliably. If the meal includes the uncooked weight of items that are then cooked, the weight changes. (If boiled, weight may increase. If baked, weight may decrease.) If you're going to split up the meal, maybe consider weighing it yourself once it's all cooked, then include the weight in the meal name?
  • spadabear1976
    spadabear1976 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    When I create a meal I weigh it after it is prepared and change my serving size to how many grams the total meal weighs. That's how I have gotten around that annoyance.