Cracker Barrel is EVIL...

Options
so i didn't feel like cooking tonight so i took the family to cracker barrel. Bad idea! I completely broke down, I had the chicken fried chicken with dumpling, i did do a little good, I got the carrots and green beans with it, but then i had the apple pie desert thing. Needless too say i ate almost all my calories for the day in just dinner tonight. However on a plus side to this indulgence( i know you need to splurge every now and then, I just went over board) the good thing is, my body has gotten so used to eating healthy and the correct portions that i feel like crap now. it'll be that much easier to stick to healthy tomorrow. there's my rant have a good night.

Replies

• Jennyzfit
    Jennyzfit Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It's okay to splurge once in awhile. Just remember you won't destroy your efforts in one night. We are in it for the long haul and I'm sure your good eating habits will make up for it for the rest of the week. I do know what you mean by feeling terrible after eating healthy for so long...:D
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    One key note. One night of splurge does not equal to one week of repair. The whole idea is to average your intake over 7 days so do not fret. You have 6 days to make up for your adventure. :ohwell:
  • wallena
    wallena Posts: 32
    Options
    lol. you're right. cracker barrel is evil. first, they make you wait forever so you'll shop for things you do not need in their little shop. then, they make you feel like a moron when you can't figure out that little peg game and yes, you will most certainly overdo on calories. lol. just don't make it a habit.
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    It's okay to splurge once in awhile. Just remember you won't destroy your efforts in one night. We are in it for the long haul and I'm sure your good eating habits will make up for it for the rest of the week. I do know what you mean by feeling terrible after eating healthy for so long...:D

I know exactly what the OP means. When I eat fried greasy fatty food now I feel like crap. Litteraly sick to my stomach.
  • ajswriter
    ajswriter Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    There are some crazy calories numbers eating out, that's for sure! I remember how shocked I was that a Chick-Fil-A breakfast was over 1000 calories. That was a wake up to me--"Oh, that's how I gained all that weight...two fast foodish meals a day and very little exercise..."
  • marlenia
    marlenia Posts: 33
    Options
    lol. you're right. cracker barrel is evil. first, they make you wait forever so you'll shop for things you do not need in their little shop. then, they make you feel like a moron when you can't figure out that little peg game and yes, you will most certainly overdo on calories. lol.

You seriously made me laugh out loud!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    mmm.... I love Cracker Barrel. yummy. One of the few restaurants I have worked at that I can still eat at! :)
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Put on your tennies and get to work!
  • dfwtxmissy
    dfwtxmissy Posts: 102
    Options
    Well...to make you feel better, there is a low carb diet there....Grilled catfish is awesome....if this helps.
  • SaveTheDrama
    Options
    No restaurant is evil IMO. Its all about the choices we make. I eat our with friends and family alot, but I am careful in the choices I make, if I order 1500 calories worth of food thats on me.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    at CB it's very easy to get 1500 cals worth in one meal! there's a reason they don't post their nutritional value / info anywhere! Do you know how much lard goes into their gravy mix? All the vegetables are soaked in butter. even their low carb still is not low cal. You can probably do a salad with no dressing and no meat. Chicken tenders are soaked in high fat italian dressing, biscuits are at least 300 cals each, tuna is in high cal mayo, bread is not light... maybe if you have them do eggs or egg beaters w/out the oil on the skillet (that's key as that probably adds 200 cals) and an english muffin with a bannanna... but then, why go out to eat for that?!