Looking for BARIATRIC Friends! 2023

Options
I just wanted to start a fresh discussion for those who have had any of the 4 bariatric surgeries done. All the other discussions have people who are no longer active. So here's a fresh on for 2023!! To help find others that are looking for encouragement on our new beginning! To find people who are currently active on this website that understand why our food logs aren't the same as everyone else, to encourage and help eachother through these life changes ! Add me if you have had any of the 4 bariatric surgeries done !!

Replies

• the_new_robin2016
    the_new_robin2016 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to be there for all my bariatric friends !!
  • janinejc715
    janinejc715 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I had gastric sleeve on 23rd Feb this year. Have just started tracking my macros on my fitness pal…. How about you? Have you had surgery x
  • SAHMwich
    SAHMwich Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been working on getting approved for surgery through insurance for about a year. We are hoping to hear from insurance in the next couple weeks. I'm excited and nervous. I've been working with a nurse practitioner doing a supervised diet this entire time. I have a little over 100 lbs to lose.
  • ramonaj2341
    ramonaj2341 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Robin: I am almost 3 years post-op (sleeve surgery) and have lost and maintained well over a 100 lb. I have been at a stall now for months and can't seem to do anything to get that scale moving. I am happy though, and much healthier than I have been in many years.
  • carolinelittle
    carolinelittle Posts: 45 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I'm having surgery 10 May and would love to be yor friend here! I've been tracking my pre op diet and will continue afterwards.

I have no idea how to add you though. If you add me I'll accept.
  • ariseandshineeventstx
    Options
    Hi there! I had my surgery on Feb 15 of this year. I am down 52 lbs
  • Sherri16mfp
    Sherri16mfp Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I j had rny 5 years ago now and sadly some of the weight hd come back but I have been able to lose with diet and exercise… but I fell off and gained some back… I’m here again… Thanks for posting :)
  • zackandjodi
    zackandjodi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had the EndoSleeve on 2/2/23 and am down 53#. MFP has been a bit tricky for me to understand and figure out.
  • liverliverliver
    liverliverliver Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I go today for my first appiontment with non-surgical bariatric doctor, in my town. I've waited six months for the appiontment. Total weight loss this year 45 pounds. I'm nervous/anxious feeling now that the appiontment is here.
  • the_new_robin2016
    the_new_robin2016 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've sent everyone a friend request ❤️
  • lccmom56
    lccmom56 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi All - I just started my 14d Pre-Op Diet and am scheduled for 9/11/23 gastric bypass surgery. I'm a bit nervous about the required dietary restrictions, but am hopeful that this will be the key to keeping my weight normal for longer than 2-3 years. I've lost and then gained back >60#s twice and now at 67 yrs old have been dealing with chronic pain from osteoarthritis. Does anyone here have experience with weight loss helping their OA?
  • debbirunswithscissors
    Options
    I must be twins with lccmom56! I'm 66 years old, and both of my knees are bone on bone. I need to lose 60 more pounds before I can have knee replacement. I just started working with my bariatric surgeon last month, and hope to have my surgery in March 2024. Then I have to wait 6 months before I can have my first knee surgery, Septemberish and 3 months more before the 2nd knee surgery. Basically I'm planning on 3 surgeries in 2024. lccmom56 let me know how you are doing, today is your big day!
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Well I am a lot further from surgery than most people here. I had the sleeve done 10 years ago next month. I lost a lot of weight right after. I started at 400 and made it down to 189. This wasn't quite my goal but I was super happy with myself and my progress. I kept it off for several years. A lot longer than most of my friend's that had the same surgery at the same time as me. After 5 years I noticed that I had fallen back into not thinking and just eating. I gained some back. When I was back up to 250 I said no way. I started MFP and after a year of doing the things that I should never have stopped I lost it all again. I was in a great place but then COVID hit and I was laid off. I just let it all go. Figuring out how to support my family was more important than weighing my food and exercising. It took 3 years to gain it all back but here I am again. I know what needs to be done and I am doing it again. I have been back on this train for almost 2 months. My stomach has shrunk again and I am eating much less. I have lost 28 lbs and I am going to continue on with this until I get where I want to be.

It's all about consistency. The surgery was the best decision I have ever made (though I wish I had done the bypass). It is only a tool though. You have to put the work in to maintain.
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - I'm Steve, 48 from Massachusetts. I am two weeks post op from the gastric sleeve. Was 335 day of surgery, this am weighed in at 316.8. I am an old friend to MFP, been on here for years fighting this battle to lose weight. Would welcome all of you as new MFP friends, especially considering you all know what I am going through with this surgery and now the protein shakes (I'm getting sick of protein shakes). Just send me a friend request and let's connect. I like it more when friends tell a bit about themselves. Don't be shy! Talk soon - Steve
  • WAMommy
    WAMommy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Shawna. I am from Washington State. I am 48 and had VSG Nov 11, this year. I am down about 32 pounds (refused to log my high weight - I just couldn't do it). Super excited about losing weight, but it is hard not being able to eat what my family is eating. I am still in the puree phase.
  • MeanNurseGM95
    MeanNurseGM95 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved June 2022. Feel free to add me. I have been stuck right at 100 pounds lost but I am a work in progress.
  • starbucks_5
    starbucks_5 Posts: 3 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Feel free to friend me :)