Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

We need to make this app more social...

Options
Me and my wife have used Myfitnesspal for over 2 years now, and often times we find ourselves needing slight additional features for mere quality-of-life.
For example, I cook and prep meals, and I use the fantastic recipe creator this app offers, however, I wish I could send my wife this recipe, or share it with friends instantly, without them having to manually create the recipe themselves when they want to log a meal. Same with workouts, the ability to share would make thing so much more easy and enjoyable.
8 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• mbinaz2019
    mbinaz2019 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I agree, and I wish MFP would include the option for adding the directions to the recipes. I have a lot of recipes that are handwritten or from cookbooks and don't come from other websites, so I can't import them into the website. I can enter the ingredients in MFP and get the nutrition info, but I still have to look elsewhere for the directions.

And, unless I'm doing something wrong, I can't find any recipes on MFP other than the few I created.

And, the import doesn't always work either. I just tried to import a recipe from the web, and the ingredients are missing, just the instructions show.

I used to be a member of Sparkpeople.com until they sold it, and I could enter a complete recipe there, ingredients, instructions, notes - and either publish it or keep it private. But I can't import my saved recipes into MFP. Apparently the formatting is not compatible with MFP.

IMHO, the recipe feature in MFP is just about useless.
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,745 Member
    Options
    @mbinaz2019 Hello, former Sparker here too. The 5% Seasonal Challenge starts Saturday. I agree. I miss that recipe feature. When I have tried entering a recipe I can never find it so I gave up trying.
  • Ray_4331
    Ray_4331 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just added the same type of suggestion here too. My wife just signed up for MFP and it is ssssooo frustrating not being able to simply SHARE food or meals with her. If MFP wants to convert her to a paying customer, they better make is easier to use. She has already told me she prefer the WeightWatchers app. We need this transition to go smoother and it would be so much easier if MFP let us easily share foods and entire meals (both the meals we can pre-set up and save for future use, as well as, a an entire entry for breakfast/lunch/dinner).
  • wilwith1l
    wilwith1l Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    not being able to simply share your entries is so frustrating. we’re over here taking screenshots and talking over what we made the other person for breakfast instead of just pressing two buttons. why am I even paying for premium at this point?
  • Jean
    Jean Posts: 732 MFP Staff
    Options
    Thank you all for your feedback and suggestions! I will be sure to pass these along to the appropriate teams.

In the meantime, you can share and view your food diary with others, and also share meals to your newsfeed.

For more on how to make your Diary visible, please see: https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032273872-How-do-I-make-my-diary-visible-to-other-users-. Your friends can then copy food diary entries and put it in their own (and visa versa).

Mobile users can also find the option to share a saved meal in Meals, Recipes & Foods. This feature is not currently available for web.

On iOS
    Select More...
    Select My Meals, Recipes & Foods
    Select the Meals tab
    Select the Meal you would like to share and tap the Share button next to the meal name
    This will take you to the Status Update screen
    Update the status, add directions if you would like and select the check mark (top right)

On Android
    Select Menu
    Select Recipes, Meals & Foods
    Select the Meals tab
    Select the Meal you would like to share and tap the Share button next to the meal name
    This will take you to the Status Update screen
    Update the status, add directions if you would like and select the check mark (top right)

I hope these options can help in the meantime!