edited March 2023 in Success Stories
Keto Biscuits and Gravy
Gravy Recipe -
1/2 pound ground sausage
1 tablespoon butter
1 1/2 tablespoons flax meal flour
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup water
Instructions Start by browning the ground sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Break the sausage into small pieces as it browns. When the meat is cooked through, add the butter and flax flour to the pan and whisk it. Make sure and pick up the part that has stayed against the pan. This is the most flavorful part. I used a food processor to further grind up the flax meal to get it as fine as flour. Add the heavy cream and whisk constantly until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Turn the heat down to medium low, add the water as needed to thin out the gravy, and whisk. Simmer for 3-5 minutes, until thickened. Makes 4 servings.
Biscuit Recipe -
1/4 cup of Brown Flax Meal in a bowl
In separate bowl mix 1 egg and a splash of Heavy Whipping Cream together
Combine wet and dry ingredients and use a fork to mix together well.
Pour mixture into microwave safe container. I use a biscuit sized glass, but a coffee cup can work too if you don't mind the shape.
Place in microwave for 1 minute. Remove and enjoy!
I slice them in two and pour gravy on top. One of the pictures shows my favorite way to eat them. It's called breakfast in a bowl. I place the the B&G in there, then layer a cup of air fried radish ( healthy hash browns sub), then top with a fried egg. (not shown in picture).
B & G Nutrition Calories: 792 kcal - 2g Net Carbohydrates: 32g - Protein: 69g Fat
Nutrition with Radish and egg: 931 kcal - 6g Net Carbohydrates - 45g Protein - 77g Fat
In moderation, this should not spike anyone's blood sugar! Hope you like this as much as I do!!❤️
3ejgegcavwa7.png
et5to6wgi98x.png

Tagged:

Replies

• MamaKahuna143
    MamaKahuna143 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    ....gonna try for my big kahuna, he loves his biscuits and gravy but its his guilty pleasure.....
    only ONCE! Thanks for sharing
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!