Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Added Sugars

I am trying to manage my sugar intake and appreciate the Total Sugars feature that your app has. It would be great to have a subcategory for added sugars and have a value that appears on my dash board so that I can monitor my daily intake. This is a value that already appears on the nutritional information box for most packaged foods. Can this be done?
10 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• DebLynn14
    DebLynn14 Posts: 4 Member
    I would love this as well. It would be great to be able to click off having sugar added to the total for fruits and vegetables where the sugars are natural. I track in Notes, but it is not useful for reports.
  • Darlene_Oregon
    Darlene_Oregon Posts: 115 Member
    That is a great idea!
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    I would appreciate this too as I'm pre-diabetic and need to limit added sugar.
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    I was just coming here to leave this exact request. PLEASE CONSIDER! Being able to track added sugars would be a game changer.
  • twisesq_mfp
    twisesq_mfp Posts: 2 Member
    +1
  • tmpuser123
    tmpuser123 Posts: 10 Member
    On my country, food labels now have "Sugar" and "Added sugar". So yes, this would be a nice to have. Not an expert here, but it seems "Added sugar" is metabolized by the body different from natural sugar, because the natural sugar is embeded in the food itself so it does't spike insulin as added sugar do. That is why eating a banana is ok but adding 14g of sugar to your coffee is not ok. Diabetic, pre-diabetic need to be extremely careful with the "Added sugar".