APRIL 150 Minute Club πŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸšΆπŸ½πŸŠβ€β™‚οΈ

Options
RECLAIMING_AB_2023
RECLAIMING_AB_2023 Posts: 2 Member
edited March 2023 in Challenges
Hi all, as part of my weight loss journey I need to work on being more active and get more cardio in. So I’m starting this little challenge for the month of April, feel free to join in even if you start mid April πŸ€™πŸΌ

The goal is to get 150 minutes minimum of cardio in weekly (Mon-Sun).

30 minute walks 5 times a week is 150 minutes, 20 minute walks 7 times a week is 140 minutes, so you’d need to add 10 minutes of cardio somewhere β€” You get the gist.

1. Choose your mode of cardio (walk, run, jog, swim etc…)
2. Time it
3. Keep a tally of your total minutes
4. Post your total minutes at the end of the week (Sat/Sun)

It will look something like this:

APRIL 2023
Week 1: 150 mins
Week 2: 156 mins
Week 3: 200 mins
Week 4: 185 min
Total April cardio minutes: 691 mins

Feel free tell us about yourself in the beginning and/or update on how you’re feeling, add your start ace end weight, how the journey is going etc at the bottom.

Copy and paste this and keep updating 😊

APRIL 2023
Week 1:
Week 2:
Week 3:
Week 4:
Total April cardio minutes:

Starting April 3rd
Happy moving ☺️

Β«1

Replies

• gomifune
    gomifune Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Love this! Thanks for starting the club. See you on Sunday the 9th with the results of the first week. Let’s go!
  • mfclingan
    mfclingan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • rebecca_livinghealthy
    Options
    Sounds great! I'm considering this week a prequel -- let's move it πŸ‘πŸ’ͺ
  • matthewwarf
    matthewwarf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I'm prepping for a half marathon (my first) towards the end of April. I'm in for the challenge
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Me too, woohoo!
  • spyder2765
    spyder2765 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am up for this!
  • RECLAIMING_AB_2023
    RECLAIMING_AB_2023 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So cool, looking forward to moving more with you all. Let’s get it!! πŸ™ŒπŸ½
  • PaulyJoMomma
    PaulyJoMomma Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My name is Paula Jones and I am fed up! I am a mother of 3 kids and married to my husband who I’ve been with since September of 2000. I used to be EXTREMELY fit since my time spent serving our country in the US Army. I am now an obese 100% service disabled veteran experiencing a variety of health related issues primarily resulting from my weight and I have finally reached a point where I can’t take it anymore so I am taking a firm stand. I WILL lose and am losing this weight since I started going at my goals hard Feb 9. I have seen favorable results so far with my current strategy which is a combination of Noom, GOLO, and Intermittent Fasting (IF) with revolutionary changes being made to how I eat, what I eat, and why I eat. I weigh myself every day and tape various locations of my body once a week to help hold myself accountable and establish a way to thoroughly measure my progress. I start including physical exercise today and will be going to the gym to start up some cardio at the very least. Let’s do this! Huah!

Start weight: 247.4 lbs πŸ’©
    Goal weight: 235.0 lbs πŸ™πŸΎ

APRIL 2023
    Week 1:
    Week 2:
    Week 3:
    Week 4:
    End weight:
  • spyder2765
    Options
    April is going by fast! One week down - three to go. Glad the weather is warming up!

APRIL 2023
    Week 1: 191 minutes
    Week 2:
    Week 3:
    Week 4:

• rebecca_livinghealthy
    Options
    APRIL 2023 -- began on the 5th
    Week 1: 86 minutes (a li'l over half for the week)
    Week 2:
    Week 3:
    Week 4:
  • spirittrail
    spirittrail Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    This Challenge came up at the perfect time. I do at least 150 minutes a week most weeks.

I started exercising and eating less on December 26th and thru focusing, have seen some real results. I've lost 5 pounds but two or three clothing sizes. So I believe in fat loss and inch loss, increased strength, endurance and flexibility more than just the scale. I only weigh myself twice a month on a professional scale. I prefer not to own one.

I last weighed in at 179 pounds two weeks ago and plan to weigh again in the next week. I have logged CONSISTENTLY into MFP for 76 days. My longest streak ever. I love cardio and have mastered mountain climbers, jumping Jack's and I'm working on burpees. I'm shocked!!

I'll post here next Sunday.
  • spirittrail
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I just checked my stats. 78 days of exercise!

Week ONE...128 minutes April 3rd-9th Goal....increase next week 10% 140 minutes

(May I suggest getting your base number FIRST! Just concentrate on starting to move with no agenda. Once you have your FIRST number...concentrate on increasing by 5 to 10% A WEEK. 150 minutes a week will come FASTER without burning out. A total beginner should aim for 75 minutes maximum first week and increase by 10% per week). 😘 This is a daily 10 minute walk around the block for me....an enjoyable non stress activity πŸ˜€
  • PaulyJoMomma
    Options
    My name is Paula Jones and I am fed up! I am a mother of 3 kids and married to my husband who I’ve been with since September of 2000. I used to be EXTREMELY fit since my time spent serving our country in the US Army. I am now an obese 100% service disabled veteran experiencing a variety of health related issues primarily resulting from my weight and I have finally reached a point where I can’t take it anymore so I am taking a firm stand. I WILL lose and am losing this weight since I started going at my goals hard Feb 9. I have seen favorable results so far with my current strategy which is a combination of Noom, GOLO, and Intermittent Fasting (IF) with revolutionary changes being made to how I eat, what I eat, and why I eat. I weigh myself every day and tape various locations of my body once a week to help hold myself accountable and establish a way to thoroughly measure my progress. I start including physical exercise today and will be going to the gym to start up some cardio at the very least. Let’s do this! Huah!

APRIL 2023
    Week 1: 11 πŸ˜«πŸ˜•
    Week 2: 0 πŸ˜±πŸ˜–πŸ«£ I started going to the gym 4/14. Plan on going 4/15 & 4/16. My husband developed a strength training routine for us to do β€”which I will start incorporating Mon, 4/17.
    Week 3:
    Week 4:
    Total April cardio minutes: 11 🫣😱🀯
    End weight:
  • spyder2765
    Options
    April is going by fast! Two weeks down - two to go. Glad the weather is warming up!

APRIL 2023
    Week 1: 191 minutes
    Week 2: 135 minutes
    Week 3:
    Week 4:
  • spirittrail
    Options
    @PaulyJoMomma Oh my goodness!! Don't you dare be embarrassed or ashamed at doing 11 minutes!! That's a great start!! I have always believed the FIRST RULE when starting to exercise is being HONEST with yourself regarding your starting numbers Its the only way you know you are improving!! When I started exercise on December 26th I was very honest with myself at what I KNEW I could do without burning out. So I did 6 minutes on the eleptical. The next day I did it again. Every day is different. The goal is to improve.

Eleven minutes That's your start Good for you! As you increase that number I promise you'll be SO PROUD of yourself!! Ive gone from 6 minutes to an average of 40 minutes in only three months. πŸ™ƒ
  • spirittrail
    edited April 2023
    Options
    April 10 to 16th
    CARDIO MINUTES 103
    YOGA MINUTES 113
    WEEK TWO 216 MINUTES GOAL..Increase next week 10% 21 minutes (I'm going to aim for 4 solid hours next week with an increase in cardio)
    TOTAL IN APRIL.....344 MINUTES 5 HRS +
    I've decided to separate my Cardio minutes from my Yoga to see if I'm overdoing it in one category. I'm actually surprised they are evenly balanced! For cardio I do old fashioned aerobics (my favourite), walking and eleptical. I love Yoga With Adriene as well......
    Time varies.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Excuses, excuses because I fizzled out before I even began this month. Wasn't well, but I am now and I'm hoping you do this in May. Maybe I'll try to get in the minutes this week.
  • spirittrail
    Options
    Saturday April 22nd WEEK THREE
    211 minutes I finish off the week at about the same amount of minutes as last week.
    3 HRS 31 MINUTES I should make 4 hrs next week πŸ€”

TOTAL IN APRIL 555 MINUTES 9 HRS 15M
    My goal is to finish the month strong with a total of 14 hrs in April. This is an average of working out every second day...I know I am completely capable of that.
  • PaulyJoMomma
    Options

APRIL 2023
    Week 1: 11 min πŸ˜«πŸ˜•

Week 2: 0 min πŸ“‰πŸ˜±πŸ˜–πŸ«£ I started going to the gym 4/14. Plan on going 4/15 & 4/16. My husband developed a strength training routine for us to do β€”which I will start incorporating Mon, 4/17.

Week 3: 80 min πŸ†—β¬†οΈπŸ†˜πŸ“ˆ I actually made it to the gym every other day and did one strength trainingπŸ‹πŸΎβ€β™€οΈ session with my husband using the program he setup for me and our 16 year old, who is my gym accountability & workout partner! Slowly, but surely I’m getting better & better!

Week 4:

Total April cardio minutes: 11 🫣😱🀯

End weight: πŸπŸ”š
  • spirittrail
    Options
    I'm so proud of you Polly Jo!! You can do this! Making up your mind is halfway there! Strength training is actually going to burn the fat faster as more muscle burns more calories. I strength train with light weights myself with some cardio...yoga is also extremely beneficial. It keeps your joints flexible which increases your metabolism. That's why all yogis are so slim. My personal fear is loose skin! Lol SO I'm just concentrating on 10% of weight loss per year. It's hard at first but gets easier. I started at 185 .... first goal is 167. I have 11 pounds to go. Then my goal will be 16 pounds....or about 150. Etc.

Yes!! Every single day you improve and get better Its true! The longer you stick with it the easier it gets. I'm so glad you have an accountability partner....it makes all the difference to have support. 😊