Hiding your GAINS & Losses

Options
dblirondog
dblirondog Posts: 123 Member
I was listening to a podcast on the way to work about what can happen when you look at yourself every day in the mirror, or weigh in every day and how you can become hyper focused on results and a bit too critical of yourself. It makes me think what would happen if you avoided the mirror, selfies, progress pics, weigh ins etc.... for a month, if the result would be more inspiring. Well, if you did the work of course with that in mind. Otherwise it would be waste of time.

Anyone interested in trying this for 30 days? For some its a bigger challenge than others.

Replies

• rynn432
    rynn432 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you. You've given me the "permission" to just follow my natural lifestyle of eating well & being active without always seeking outside myself through an app/web site. The roller coaster turmoil that has battled within me through these years. It seems so simple, but hard to explain. I feel a great weight lifted & freedom instilled in my choices going forward. I accept the challenge & won't log in for one month from today. See you then. Hugs.

(note: to anyone reading, this may not be suitable to most; but is exactly what I have needed -- wishing each of you well in your journey ahead)
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,145 Member
    Options
    If you're going to do something like this, take a "before" photo to compare against the "after" photo.
  • dblirondog
    Options
    rynn432 wrote: »
    Thank you. You've given me the "permission" to just follow my natural lifestyle of eating well & being active without always seeking outside myself through an app/web site. The roller coaster turmoil that has battled within me through these years. It seems so simple, but hard to explain. I feel a great weight lifted & freedom instilled in my choices going forward. I accept the challenge & won't log in for one month from today. See you then. Hugs.

(note: to anyone reading, this may not be suitable to most; but is exactly what I have needed -- wishing each of you well in your journey ahead)

That's fantastic! Everyone should do what they know they need to do. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Its funny that so many of us would choose differently if there was no one else on our private island.
  • dblirondog
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    If you're going to do something like this, take a "before" photo to compare against the "after" photo.
    I agree, photos, measurements, notes etc..... then just do the thing and see what you can accomplish.