Recipes to fill your remaining macros

Options
Zak8lack
Zak8lack Posts: 1 Member
edited March 2023 in Recipes
For a long time i have viewed my macros and wondered what i could eat to balance them out. I would type things in that i had in the cupboards and fridge and try to balance everything, i often would have a shot of good olive oil to bring my percentages to where they were needed, this was tedious. All that has changed now. If you open chatGPT or other ai program simply ask it what you can make with your remaining carbs, fat and protein. I was advised to have a grilled chicken breast with a side of broccoli and a knob of butter. I asked if i could use fish instead and it replied 165g of grilled salmon will do the job.

Replies

• mike19622021
    mike19622021 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this. I had a tablespoon of olive oil with a tin of tuna the other night whilst having this very problem. It would be nice to have a search function that I could put my remaining macros in and have it give me some ideas to fill them.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    I hope nobody's worried about hitting a macro percent exactly every day: Close is fine, and close on average over a small number of days is also fine for most nutrients.

Health-wise, if you're a nutrition-focused person, I think it's useful to have a protein and fat minimum in grams (a goal in your head is fine). When you realize that once you have the needful amount of those essential nutrients, there's more flexibility in how you spend any remaining calories, in my view.

In case it would be helpful, a web search will find you a lot of versions of charts/lists like this:

WAG%20Infographic_What%20Do%20I%20Eat_.jpg

Source: https://www.workingagainstgravity.com/articles/17-macro-tracking-tips

I'm not endorsing that specific site, in general. I don't use it, know nothing about other things on that site. It's just an example of a reasonable chart for this kind of purpose, IME.