Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Potential features

s_sacrey
s_sacrey Posts: 1 Member
edited December 2023 in Feature Suggestions and Ideas
If these or one of these features already exist then I'm not sure how to use it within the app. Two features that I think would be helpful are,

1) if you were able to share a meal, or food item/items from your diary to a friend. That way they don't have to go into your profile, look for the foods and then copy to theirs. You could simply say, click three dots in the corner near the food and then hit share and send it to your friend.

2)In cases where you know the macros of something but not the ingredients you could say, add custom item and then just punch in the macro values and it would add it to your diary, and automatically adjust calories based on the macro values. I understand that you wouldn't be able to track micronutrients, vitamins and such but it would still be better than not being able to track it at all or trying to guess ingredients. At my gym the sell protein shakes and the macros are listed in the menu but not the ingredients. Cases like this would be an example of where I could use this feature.
2 votes

Already Offered · Last Updated

See my comment below

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,589 Member
    You can add a thing like the shakes as a personal custom food, and input whatever nutrients you know.
  • Jean
    Jean Posts: 797 MFP Staff
    Happy to address these!

1) The ability to share meals is currently available. You can find the option to share a saved meal in Meals, Recipes & Foods. Select the Meal >> Tap the Share button next to the meal name >> Add directions/comments >> Tap the check mark when done. Along with that, you can set up your profile for Diary Sharing. You can check out this FAQ for more information.

2) The Quick Add feature does this! You can read more about that here
This discussion has been closed.