Postpartum and General Weight Loss

Hi everyone! So I just gave birth to my 3rd baby two weeks ago. The weight I gained pretty much came off after giving birth. But I was well overweight before becoming pregnant. I’ve tried everything in the past. What worked best for me, was a keto approach. I wasn’t extremely strict, because it wasn’t realistic for me and my family. Living in Hawaii, you have so many delicious choices! But this time, coming up on 31, I HAVE to get down and lose at least 40lbs. My real ultimate goal weight is to lose 60lbs. I’m 5’6” and my BMI is about 31…meaning “obese”. The worst word and feeling. Anyone who wants to jump on the train of logging food, macros, calories etc. please join me! Also, this is a thread for positive responses and cheering each other on.

Lastly, I am doing a 1200 calorie daily diet. I’m still deciding on my macros, but I’ll be incorporating “net carbs” instead of tracking just regular carbs. Ok, that’s my novel of an intro post 🤣 You next!

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,853 Member
    Hello there,
    you're not asking specifically about this, but are you nursing? If so your body needs a lot more energy to create milk for your baby. Just eating 1200 calories is likely far from enough to keep you healthy, energetic and keep milk supply up.
  • cgxgdtdwkp
    cgxgdtdwkp Posts: 3 Member
    Hi. I am new to the app. also welcome. Thanks for sharing your story and your goals. This journey of weight loss is not an easy one. It takes a billiard of support. You got this!
  • jessack21
    jessack21 Posts: 9 Member
    Hey! I’d love to connect. I’m 15 months postpartum and in the same boat I need to lose 40 pounds or more. I just found out that I’m almost pre-diabetic so I HAVE to do this. I got the same word put into my chart at the doctors today.. obese. It was hard to hear.
  • MamaBear5445
    MamaBear5445 Posts: 61 Member
    Take care of yourself mama like the other poster said! Baby is 3 months over here and started worrying about weight loss when milk supply regulated at 12 weeks. You got this though, but wait until you're all healed up.