Apple Watch

Options
lindi242
lindi242 Posts: 2 Member
How do I get MFP app to connect to my Apple Watch to include my steps. It’s listing calories for workouts but not steps.

Replies

• h_ablak
    h_ablak Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Following. My Fitbit gave me extra calories for steps, since I set my activity level to the lowest. My Apple Watch doesn’t seem to do that.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,470 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Apple builds in expected steps based on the activity level you’ve set. If you don’t reach that level, you’re not going to get credit.

Also. Do you have negative calorie adjustment set?

I do a lot of stuff every day, and usually end up with between 2-400 calories subtracted from my total exercise. So if I’ve gotten 900, maybe 350 are subtracted for a net of 550 “earned”, because I’m already set at “extremely active”.

This would be calories I would have burned anyway, and the negative adjustment takes that into account.

It’s a weird system but uncannily accurate, for me at least, although it does make me a bit mental to lose calories the harder I work.

Also, if I’m hearing you right, you’re using both an Apple Watch and a Fitbit? I’m not familiar with Fitbit, but seems to me if you’ve got two devices reporting, each using its own proprietary system to record to MFP, thats a recipe for confusion.

Maybe another old timer here that’s been there done that can weigh in on multiple devices.
  • springlering62
    edited April 2023
    Options
    To set up your phone and watch to sync with MFP:
    hr5eqkxzvz1c.jpeg
    Open Health app on your phone

ecmp1iu0bz6p.jpeg

Click on user initials to get into menu

az9ik24dwszv.jpeg

Click on app

qfdtqu30yn7z.jpeg

Choose MFP

psgwbje79cff.jpeg

Use slider to select everything you want to share with MFP, including steps, and also workouts if you want to sync those

This should sync your watch and phone up to MFP.

Don’t forget you’ll have to “start” and “end” an exercise on your watch to get it to record to MFP:

33jnizyte07x.png
  • rparkerslim
    rparkerslim Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I followed the instructions, but when I got to the last step, APPS, MFP wasn't there but I have it on my ph. How can I get it to show in my apps?
  • springlering62
    Options
    I followed the instructions, but when I got to the last step, APPS, MFP wasn't there but I have it on my ph. How can I get it to show in my apps?

If I remember correctly, there’s two bunches of apps. I think you have to scroll down further for the second cluster?