I thought this would be easy

cgxgdtdwkp
cgxgdtdwkp Posts: 3 Member
I have struggled with my weight all of my life. I have tried soooo many plans some with temporary success and others a big fail. I thought when I started this would be easy because I’m older. And wiser and I have to loose weight for my health. It’s not easy at all. Eating and over eating is tied to every emotion I feel. I need to work on the emotional eating as well as what I eat. It’s been a rough start but even if I go above my food intake I am going to try every day.

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    My only suggestion at this point is focus on your calorie goal to start. Yes, your emotional eating will have to be worked on, but while making more nutritious choices will be good to do, the most important component at this point is learning to accurately track your calories. Keep it is simply and straight forward as possible to start. So, emotional eating will have to be dealt with since it will negatively affect keeping to your calorie goal. Learning to accurately track calories, (using a kitchen scale, reading labels, and all the rest) need to be done to meet your calorie goals. Changing what you eat can wait until you get those first two locked in more.