What's your vice?

Options
khk2010
khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
Quit smoking 20 years ago. Quit drinking about a year and a half ago.
Now with this eating plan my big vice is a diet soda!
(I'll probably have to give that up too!)

Replies

• abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Hal Holbrooke, as Mark Twain, did a great routine about vices: when he was ill, he could stop smoking, drinking, eating rich foods, etc., and feel better. People who didn't smoke, drink or eat rich foods just had to suffer with being ill... He's much funnier than I am.

My current vice, the one that embarrasses me the most, is reading Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books.... and the J.D. Robb In Death books...
  • dfwtxmissy
    dfwtxmissy Posts: 102
    Options
    Cherry Coke...given up. However I cannot give up Chips and salsa...
  • jessudd
    jessudd Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I work in a school, so mine is the teacher's lounge. There always seems to be something delicious that somebody else didn't want in their house spoiling their diet, so they decided to be *kind enough* to share it with everyone else. Though I'm definitely guilty of doing the exact same thing. More specifically though (and probably not too surprising), chocolate anything.

Congrats on giving up smoking and drinking, btw. Coming from a family in which just about everyone has struggled with those things, I know how hard it can be but what a more fulfilling life you can have without those things holding you back! Way to go! If you can do that and stick with it, I'm sure you'll have no problem conquering any other "vices." :D
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Hal Holbrooke, as Mark Twain, did a great routine about vices: when he was ill, he could stop smoking, drinking, eating rich foods, etc., and feel better. People who didn't smoke, drink or eat rich foods just had to suffer with being ill... He's much funnier than I am.

My current vice, the one that embarrasses me the most, is reading Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books.... and the J.D. Robb In Death books...

You and my wife would get along very well. :smile: My biggest "vice" is dreaming / procrastinating. If there is something more interesting to think about or an idea pops in my mind, I am gone. This website has recently become one of those procrastinatory addictions, but I like it too much to let go!
  • OlenaS
    OlenaS Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    ice-cream :)
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    I'm probably like a lot of people here. My biggest vice(s) are chocolate covered caramel and chips and french onion dip (not together) :love:
  • Suksabai
    Suksabai Posts: 10
    Options
    I quit smoking 5 years ago - yay! I only drink occasionally. I quit drinking Diet Coke 2 years ago and it took 4 days to get rid of the migraine from the withdrawal! Yikes!!!

Now, it has to be Dairy Queen Blizzards!!! Since joining MFP I've managed to limit myself to one every couple of weeks!!!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Soda, and Frybread tacos from the stand at the swapmart. They have the best salsa! So incredibly addicting (good thing they are only open on the weekends... so I only have to fight the urge 2 days a week :laugh: :laugh: ) And well soda, thats just harder for me to quit than smoking. :grumble:
  • HeatherCanDoIt
    HeatherCanDoIt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Movie theatre popcorn, I can't not have it and I dream about it!!!
  • krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    Options

I've read the Stephanie Plum books, some of them are hilarious! : :laugh:

My vice is toast :smile:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Dr Pepper...
  • xxgoriexx
    xxgoriexx Posts: 39
    Options
    Popcorn and sugar free pudding cups. >>