A month with no numbers...

Options
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.............................................................

But really, ya.

At the beginning of august at the urging of my doctor, I went the two weeks in between appointments without weighing myself and it was WEIRD. It was uncomfortable and strange and I had the urge Every. Single. Morning.

But it was actually really good for me because it allowed me to focus more on being healthy and on what I felt like I should be doing, than on what the numbers said I should be doing. So, I guess in a way, experimentally, it was a success. Unfortunately, after the 2nd appointment, I went right back to my daily weigh in/guilt fest/freak out. I'm thinking I need to do something differently.

I'm am hereby challenging myself to a month of "No Weigh!" Its September 1st today and this morning I weighed in at 227 lbs. I will next weigh in on October 1st. Whose with me?

Replies

• leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I've done it before. Depends on who you are where you are in your journey. Whatever works for you, keep doing it!
  • AbstractAsterism
    AbstractAsterism Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I might do this. I have a doc appointment tomorrow, but aside from that... Yeah, I'm going to *try* to go scale-less!
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.............................................................

But really, ya.

At the beginning of august at the urging of my doctor, I went the two weeks in between appointments without weighing myself and it was WEIRD. It was uncomfortable and strange and I had the urge Every. Single. Morning.

But it was actually really good for me because it allowed me to focus more on being healthy and on what I felt like I should be doing, than on what the numbers said I should be doing. So, I guess in a way, experimentally, it was a success. Unfortunately, after the 2nd appointment, I went right back to my daily weigh in/guilt fest/freak out. I'm thinking I need to do something differently.

I'm am hereby challenging myself to a month of "No Weigh!" Its September 1st today and this morning I weighed in at 227 lbs. I will next weigh in on October 1st. Whose with me?
  • SarahIluvatariel
    SarahIluvatariel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm really hoping to do something like this, soon! I'm at 202~203 right now, and I think that once I get into the 100's, I'll stop weighing for a while (a couple of weeks? maybe a month?) and focus more on hitting my calorie deficit and watching my macros. (Partly because I would be too sad if I fluctuate back above 200 the next day! lol So I'll want to keep thinking of myself as being in the 100's.)

The biggest advantage I've noticed about not weighing myself daily (which happens occasionally - like on weekends away), is that I feel more free to drink lots of water - particularly at night. And I know that it's healthy for me to get more water! :)

Good luck! I hope you can do it! Enjoy this month of focusing on your health, not your weight!
  • deborahjr
    deborahjr Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    When I weigh myself, it ALWAYS becomes obsessive and unhealthy, so this time I have not weighed myself yet and I am hoping to continue not to weigh myself for as long as possible and hopefully get a nice surprise when I finally do. This way I can concentrate on eating well and working out and not worrying what the scale will say and being disheartened, which can lead to adverse effects for me... unhappiness=LOTS of food. Instead, I tried on a bunch of clothes and am going to judge on how they fit me over time :)
    I will join this challenge, so I will NOT weigh myself until Oct at the EARLIEST.