How to Gain Weight without a Colon?

Options
aleczhansen
aleczhansen Posts: 1 Member
I’m wondering if anyone who either has had a total/partial collectomy like me or has a condition that makes gaining weight really difficult has found success with this app? My problem is that it’s setting a calorie goal for me based on an average person’s body, rather than my own. It’s barely 1pm and I’ve already met my set goal, but it definitely won’t do much for me in the long run. Wish there was a way to let the app know this.

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    My rectum and a few feet of my colon was removed & no issues gaining weight when my goal is to. One just needs to adjust their caloric intake relative to the individual. If you are not gaining weight over a reasonable time, then increase you intake slightly until you see a reflection of change with consistency.

I don't use the app to track calories, but I know a few years ago you can manually change your goal(s) of calorie intake and macros. If not, you should be able to manipulate your goal to reflect the calorie intake you want currently.

One thing for certain is with missing portions of your GI, you will not absorb protein as efficient and in general will want to up the standard along with better quality. I would also hope you are performing appropriate resistance training to help retain and hopefully experience a hypertrophy response within your goals.