Why Don't Calories Match Up with Apple Health When Synced?

Options
djonefm
djonefm Posts: 1 Member
I'm on the trial for MyFitnesspal, and everything is set to sync with all proper permissions, but the Apple Fitness app and MFP calorie counts don't match. I did a small cardio session this morning, but MFP says zero calories for total, and 91 for exercise. If I follow the remaining calories shown on MFP, I would actually gain weight.

207010qxuv8c.jpg
abqfnfo2jtv0.jpg

Tagged:

Best Answer

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,201 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options
    At this time we are currently only reading the step data, and individual "other" workouts sent from the watch via what transfers directly from Apple Health. We are not yet considering the active calories amount, also being measured by the watch.

In the meantime, you may notice that your total calorie burn showing on the watch, does not match the total being reported to MyFitnessPal by Apple Health. This is to be expected. Please do, however, let us know if your step count is not matching up or you do not see your "other" workouts displayed in your MyFitnessPal Diary as "Apple Health Exercises."

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work out all the kinks. We will also do our best to update the following link as we have more information available: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032625731-How-does-the-MyFitnessPal-Apple-Watch-app-work
This discussion has been closed.