Lactose & Gluten intolerant- HELP!

Options
I have been lactose since I can remember (milk is the worst- I drink lactaid. I can have other dairy products but, very little of them if I do.

The gluten thing is a newer thing for me and I am having a horrible time trying to make just one meal that both my husband and I can eat. More specifically something that isn't FULL of sodium or sugar because it is gluten free.

Any tips/ideas/thoughts/recipes would be much much appreciated!

Replies

• fansntt
    fansntt Posts: 19
    Options
    Have considered food with Soy milk?
  • kellycrow
    kellycrow Posts: 140
    Options
    a blog i check out regularly is really good..

http://www.dietdessertndogs.com/

check that out... lots of good ideas... :o)
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

All of The Crockpot Lady's recipes (or most, at least) are gluten free, and most crockpot recipes have little or no dairy (or it's dairy in a form that can be tolerated, like a little cheese.) Of course, the most recent post is not a great example of this...

Plus, she's funny.
  • kspeach
    kspeach Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have been lactose since I can remember (milk is the worst- I drink lactaid. I can have other dairy products but, very little of them if I do.

The gluten thing is a newer thing for me and I am having a horrible time trying to make just one meal that both my husband and I can eat. More specifically something that isn't FULL of sodium or sugar because it is gluten free.

Any tips/ideas/thoughts/recipes would be much much appreciated!
    Depending on where you are, there might be a Celiac support group, if you have been diagnosed as having Celiac Disease.

Many grocers are now carrying many gluten free/dairy free foods.

Bisquick will soon be releasing a gluten free baking mix. Many healthy foods can be made without gluten....meats, fruits, vegetables. Many MANY frozen/diet meals contain gluten or items like pasta. Rice is gluten free.

My son has Celiac disease, but he is far from on a diet. :)