Starting the 10 Day Restart with Michael Symon

Options
fleamcd44
fleamcd44 Posts: 11 Member
As someone with an autoimmune disorder, I am always looking for a healthy diet for inflammation. I did this last year and it was wonderful. Michael Symon is a professional chef and was able to make vegetables (which I hate) really delicious. Even kale! (Seriously, you massage that stuff and it's really good!). Plus, if you don't like one of your new vegetables, you can just give them to your pet rabbit. This was my kitchen counter yesterday afternoon after my trip to Sprouts.w5s9axjuh8oi.jpg

Replies

• fleamcd44
    Options
    Day 1 breakfast was a spinach omelet. I am not a chef, so I made them more like scrambled eggs but they were great and kept me full until lunch. Not posting the actual recipe as that would be disrespectful to the author.vpdfvq0f9tyf.png
  • fleamcd44
    Options
    Day 1 Lunch was kale salad. Now, before you think "Gross. Kale", the secret is massaging the kale for 3 FULL minutes-don't cheat! It really mellows the kale and brings out a great flavor that works well with the radishes.f3j4qtj21ovw.png
  • fleamcd44
    Options
    Day 1 lunch was a quinoa and black bean burger with a cucumber and avocado salad. This was sooo good. I was supposed to have the vegetarian chili but realized it took 2 hours to make at 7pm. So, picked another dinner from the book.bkdyb5conysw.png
  • fleamcd44
    Options
    Day 2 breakfast was Oatmeal with blueberries, walnuts, and cinnamon. The coconut milk added the perfect sweetness. This was so good!lqgdrd0gf74z.png
  • fleamcd44
    Options
    Day 2 lunch today was amazingly good. It sounds like it should be "too healthy" to be good, but somehow the flavors came together perfectly.6p7pf4im8gde.png
  • fleamcd44
    Options
    Day 2 dinner was a hearty and delicious vegetable soup. I loved this, despite hating vegetables. The flavors were awesome.0r8yophlxnds.png
  • fleamcd44
    Options
    Day 3 Breakfast is a delicious sunrise smoothie! Carrots, Coconut oil, pineapple YUM!1lry1peh74hs.png
  • MADgical72
    MADgical72 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have tried some of his Fix It With Food recipes and they are yummy. My fave is the Dairy-Free Mac & Cheese With Roasted Vegetables.