Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Search Filters for Food Logging Database

Options
I have been an intermittent member since 2017 and feel the biggest bugbear that drives me to fall off the wagon is the lack of ease with daily food logging.

Firstly I’d like to say - this is not just MFP daily food logging is frustrating and time consuming. MFP has come along way since I first started using it, I appreciate they are trying to streamline the manual food logging as much as they can.

My request is, can we have some filters when searching the food database so that we can choose to filter a measurement type we prefer to use. For example; uncheck items listed in cups or oz or measurements (I) don’t tend to use.

Despite having your preference saved in your profile this doesn’t come in when searching foods as you are accessing a growing database. I have seen some helpful suggestions to use local food labels and supermarkets if it’s a country based measurement. But if you don’t buy packet foods, brands and buy most of your groceries from the market or a local veg box delivery service this doesn’t really apply. I think having these filters will help to speed up the time for food tracking overall.

Do the MFP developers read this space? I hope so!!
Tagged:
5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• Jean
    Jean Posts: 732 MFP Staff
    Options
    Thanks so much for taking the time to share this feedback, and your suggestions! I'll be sure to deliver this to the appropriate team.