How do I stop MyFitnessPal from changing my calorie count every time I change goals or log weight?

Options
I'm following a different calorie count than the one recommended by My Fitness Pal so I manually put it in. However, any time I log my weight or change my goals, the daily calorie count switches to the MFP recommended amount of calories. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Best Answer

• Jean
    Jean Posts: 732 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If any issues are persisting on this, we kindly ask that you write into our Support Team directly, so we can further investigate. To do this, visit: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or send us an email to support@myfitnesspal.com.

Answers

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,081 Member
    Options
    Be curious to learn the response, as I've encountered the same.
  • Jean
    Jean Posts: 732 MFP Staff
    Options
    MyFitnessPal will offer to recalculate your calorie goal with every ten pounds of weight loss you record.

If you missed the opportunity to recalculate your calorie goals when the site or the app recommended it, you can recalculate your calorie goal based on your current weight, at any time. We recommend visiting this article for more information.

Please be sure you are not updating your goal weight when trying to log a new weight entry. If you have additional questions, please reach out to our Support Team at: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or send us an email to support@myfitnesspal.com.
  • DecryingShame
    DecryingShame Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Jean wrote: »
    MyFitnessPal will offer to recalculate your calorie goal with every ten pounds of weight loss you record.

If you missed the opportunity to recalculate your calorie goals when the site or the app recommended it, you can recalculate your calorie goal based on your current weight, at any time. We recommend visiting this article for more information.

Please be sure you are not updating your goal weight when trying to log a new weight entry. If you have additional questions, please reach out to our Support Team at: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or send us an email to support@myfitnesspal.com.

Unfortunately, even if I put the same weight in as my last check in, my calories are automatically recalculated. It doesn't offer, although when I've made other changes, I recall a window popping up. However, it still recalculated my calories, no matter what choice I picked. I can't remember what it said now, but it was phrased very strangely too, so I wasn't sure which option I was supposed to choose either.

I'm on a browser, by the way, not the app. Looks like this is a bug.
  • Stephen_LacaJr
    Stephen_LacaJr Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @Jean or any other MFP Staff that will listen...

I have a support case open as well for the same issues... The goals reset to default for the Diet and Fitness setting that is selected in settings EVERY TIME I log my weight for the day. AND as of yesterday I can no longer adjust my macro percentages and sugar grams for Keto.

Looking at this forum it seems there are a lot of people experiencing the same thing. Let's make some real noise to try and get this fixed as IT IS A BUG!!
  • WidowBadass
    WidowBadass Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is only my first week back on MyFitnessPal and the same thing happened to me - I noted a 2 lb weight loss and my caloric goals got changed. So, something is wrong. MyFitnessPal, please fix!
  • Stephen_LacaJr
    Stephen_LacaJr Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Update - I received an update from MFP with a workaround that doesn't reset macros when logging weight.

"Thank you for the clarification and for your continued patience. We have been made aware some of our users may be experiencing an issue with calorie and macro goals updating when logging a weight via the Check-In page on the website. Our team is investigating the issue and hope to have it resolved soon.

As a work around, if you click “Edit Previous Entries”, then log your weight under “Add New Entry”, the goals will not be affected. "

I tested the workaround today and it was able to save my weight without changing my custom macros. YAY!!
  • madenis64
    madenis64 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue with the calories recalculating themselves when I log a new weight. I log in the same weight or a 1/2 lb change and the system recalculates my calories. I picked the number of calories I want, I don't need MFP changing things on a whim.
  • erickavandersys
    erickavandersys Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue as well. I set it at 1900 calories and every.single.day it’s back to 1500 calories and my macros are changed. It’s so frustrating