Great at exercise, rubbish at diet!

2»

Replies

• cstoney2013
    cstoney2013 Posts: 167 Member
    I agree --"You are not on your Own" Your description sounded like me!! that is why I really need exercise as part of my diet plan! One of my co-workers, he is on my friend list, is very muscular, but spends about only 4 to 5 hours a week doing weight lifting, but he has very good diet control and lost over 60 pounds with diet alone (no cardio) I could never do that. When I am on the treadmill he allways says "what a waste, just eat less" To each his own!!
  • marfhutch
    marfhutch Posts: 50 Member
    I like the idea of washing up/putting away what I'm eating! And maybe brushing my teeth after I've eaten my daily cals will work in putting me off the evening snacks haha :)

But you are definitely right, by 'being good' during the week, if I have one moment of weakness I then just throw the towel in. I'm starting logging again this week, but will make sure to allow myself a small treat when I want one to stop the splurge later on!
  • marfhutch
    marfhutch Posts: 50 Member
    I know I posted this a while back, but I'm now needing the tips more than ever! I promised to give myself a month of sticking to my calories (ie no nights out, puddings only if they fitted in etc) but lo and behold I'm here 3 weeks later having not logged for a week and feeling like I'm never gonna be able to make this lifestyle change :( I love the feeling of exercising but want to see some changes too!

Anyone who's been here, please help!
  • rowrunyoga
    rowrunyoga Posts: 65 Member
    I know I posted this a while back, but I'm now needing the tips more than ever! I promised to give myself a month of sticking to my calories (ie no nights out, puddings only if they fitted in etc) but lo and behold I'm here 3 weeks later having not logged for a week and feeling like I'm never gonna be able to make this lifestyle change :( I love the feeling of exercising but want to see some changes too!

Anyone who's been here, please help!

I'm with you, woman! I love exercise, and I know I could see some changes if I stopped putting junk fuel in my tank.
    I really think it comes down to willpower.

For some reason, I have the willpower to wake up at 4:30 am to work out, but when it comes to, say, bacon or chips, the willpower switch is OFF. (not all the time... but far too often!)

just say no!
    :happy:

Good luck.