AITA - Apt building parking issue

Options
glassyo
glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
Because I'm tired of reading reddit and quora :)

We have assigned parking spaces in my apt building complex.

Anyway, the caregiver that parks in the spot next to me parks juuuuuust a touch over the line. They pull in. I back in. It's only truly a problem when I need to get something out of the passenger side or put air in my tires but with people intermittently parking in my spot, it just annoys the crap out of me now.

I've left two notes so far. The first in a pretty purple pen asking to please park between the lines. Today's was a more aggressive pencil strongly asking them to be more considerate when parking and please park within the lines. Then I came inside to google if something like that is a towable offense.

I don't want to be *that* person but people have forced it on me. :)

Replies

• _Redux
    _Redux Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    NTA.

Unless the caregiver has some practical purpose for parking like that, do they need space on the other side for moving care related equipment out of the passenger door? If not, and they continue to do it after two polite notes, they simply don't care, which is a shame.

Additional: Reddit is a sewer, delete your account there @glassyo :smile:
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    MjAxMy04N2Y4OGY1MmIzYzE4ZGJm.png
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    g6qt77fq1a8h.jpeg
    I think this is so cute. My sister has something similar. Not a comment on you at all. I just like it
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    _Redux wrote: »
    NTA.

Unless the caregiver has some practical purpose for parking like that, do they need space on the other side for moving care related equipment out of the passenger door? If not, and they continue to do it after two polite notes, they simply don't care, which is a shame.

Additional: Reddit is a sewer, delete your account there @glassyo :smile:

Yay!

I don't think she actually needs the space. She parks perfectly fine when my car's there to guide her. I even get that. There's a red car that parks in that spot, at times, and that's how I know where my space is without looking at the numbers. But she could take the time to straighten her var out. :)

Reddit's better than Quora. OMG, and I thought *I* could be grammar youknowwhat! These people give suggestions on how to improve a sentence with italics and in bold.
    ythannah wrote: »
    MjAxMy04N2Y4OGY1MmIzYzE4ZGJm.png

I'm imagining this person having to climb out and over cars to get free!
    g6qt77fq1a8h.jpeg
    I think this is so cute. My sister has something similar. Not a comment on you at all. I just like it

This is actually funny. I've been gaining weight and if I don't get myself under control I would totally stick this on their windshield.