3 years ago

Options
In 2012 I weighed in at 375, and started my journey. By Christmas that year I got down to 260, and my lowest weight in 2013 at 235. Which is a good weight for my body type, maybe another 10-15 pounds would have been perfect. I managed to not only keep it off, but I also got back into powerlifting and CrossFit type workouts. In 2015 i got a promotion that required a lot of travel. Due to eating at restaurants, not as much time to work out, etc., I started putting on weight again. On February 8th of this year, I weighed in at 372 and started another journey. I downloaded all my logs I ever made into MyFitnessPal and reviewed them. June of 2020, almost 3 years ago was my last log before earlier this year. You can watch my weight slowing creeping up until that last log, almost like I gave up (I did). On that day in 2020 I weighed in at 312, today I again weigh 312. Took me 74 days to take off what it took me to gain over 34 months. Next goal is sub 300's by June, than 250 by Christmas, then 230 (or more), while keeping up on my lifting goals (currently deadlift 605, bench 345, squat 545).

One take away that astounded me when looking at my log history, is the weight is much easer to take off than to gain. Well, maybe not "easier" rather quicker, if you want it. During my first run i averaged losing .35 pounds per day. When I started gaining, I gained .07 pounds per day. And this run so far I'm losing .81 pounds per day.