Gained Weight

Options
I gained 6 lbs in the month of August after losing 27. I could not get motivated after I loss only 2 lbs in July. I need some help and motivation......

Replies

• marialynnporter
    marialynnporter Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Are you working out or just eating better?
    I have been working out and I have gained a lot of weight. I was at 130 pounds and now at 149.2 pounds. I am still small so it's the muscle. When you start gaining muscle the scale will go up but your inches will be melting off. I would say stay away from the scale for awhile. Keep eating healthy and workout even if its only 30 mins a day. Working out is not just good for losing weight or gainin muscle it's good to keep your bones strong and great for your heart and so on. :)
    I hope I helped. :)
    Oh and don't beat your self up if you fall off the wagon some times. Every one does it. You just need to get back on.
    Take it day by day.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I gained 6 lbs in the month of August after losing 27. I could not get motivated after I loss only 2 lbs in July. I need some help and motivation......

stand in front of a full lenght mirror in just your pants.... happy? no? put down the cake and go work out!

works for me!
  • chuckylove
    chuckylove Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.
  • chuckylove
    chuckylove Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it Maria.
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I am in same boat. I think summer got to me - I know this is an excuse but now I find an extra 10 lbs and need to get it off before it becomes more. I am back on track but don't see any results. It took 3 months to gain this and hopefully it will be gone before Thanksgiving!!!
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    So, losing *only* 2 lbs in a month demotivated you?

You need to adjust your perspective. Maybe 2lbs in a month was not your goal, but it is still progress. All progress is worth celebrating a building upon. Having an "all or nothing" attitude will set you back, and it seems that it has already. You were disappointed in a 2 pound loss, so you decided to let it all go? I'm sure you can see how silly that is.

From now on be happy about ANY and all progress you make because it is a step in the right direction Forget about the past, forget about mistakes made in August. You lost 27 pounds so you were doing something right. Go back to what you were doing and don't get too hung up on missing a goal because no matter what your goals are, losing 2lbs in a month is way better than gaining 6.