Exercise on dashboard

Options
On my dashboard it records my exercise calories as 65, on my Apple Watch it records my calories. as 406. What is the difference ?

Answers

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    The additional calories that come over to MFP aren't for a specific exercise. It's just a reconciliation between the estimated real world calories you're going to expend on the daily per your real world activity from your device to what activity level you set in MFP. For example, if you're set to sedentary on MFP but your activity per your device puts you as light active, you're going to get additional calories in MFP to reconcile that difference.

Your calorie target with MFP already assumes a certain amount of movement. Even if you are set to sedentary, your calorie target accounts for up to around 3K-5K steps taken in a day or equivalent activity. So if your total calories for your exercise just came over, it's highly likely you would be double dipping.
  • biancamuyis
    biancamuyis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    The additional calories that come over to MFP aren't for a specific exercise. It's just a reconciliation between the estimated real world calories you're going to expend on the daily per your real world activity from your device to what activity level you set in MFP. For example, if you're set to sedentary on MFP but your activity per your device puts you as light active, you're going to get additional calories in MFP to reconcile that difference.

Your calorie target with MFP already assumes a certain amount of movement. Even if you are set to sedentary, your calorie target accounts for up to around 3K-5K steps taken in a day or equivalent activity. So if your total calories for your exercise just came over, it's highly likely you would be double dipping.

This makes complete sense! Do you know if there’s a way to avoid this and still keep the data from the Apple Watch connected?