Options
Hi there , I’m Diana and I’m new here . I’m on a weight loss journey and I hopeful that I can make this work . I struggle with eating the right things at the right times of day . Hope to meet a lot of new people .

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,863 Member
    Options
    Hi, Diana, and welcome!

One piece of good news: Food timing doesn't have much effect on weight management, unless it helps you manage your appetite. If you're struggling to eat on a certain schedule because something in the blogosphere said that was essential . . . there's no need to struggle with it. Finding a relatively easy routine that gradually leads to weight loss is more important, as a practical thing. Successful people here have used all kinds of eating schedules, from one meal a day (OMAD) to all-day grazing on small meals/snacks, or a mix of very low calorie days a couple of days a week with maintenance calories on other days.

In other words, compliance with calorie goal outweighs any theoretically advantage of a particular eating schedule, as long as there's not a health condition (pre-existing disease) that requires particular calorie or nutrient timing.

Weight loss always has challenges, but there's no need to make it any more difficult than it minimally needs to be. What the best strategy is will be very individual. Other people can offer ideas, but you're the best expert on what's practical for you. It can be good to experiment.

Wishing you success!