How can I easily tag a food as Food Favorite

Options
lgimnich
lgimnich Posts: 3 Member
How can I easily select / tag a food so that it is automatically added to the My Food list? I want to just want to pick a food from my Recents list to designate to add it to my My Food list. That is all I should need to do to add it to that group. The item already has all of the nutrition values associated with that item, so there is no reason to create a new My Food it with all of that info. from scratch if it already exists in my Recents. I want to just select a food from Recents list and request ot to be added to My Food. Tell me how to make that happen.

Best Answer

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,310 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options
    There's no way to add an existing food to My Foods in the way you are suggesting. The Recent/Frequents list is more or less the built-in functionality that you are describing.

Another option is you could start using the "meals" area as your main list of reference. The "meals" area is somewhat like a favorite lists. You can add just one item or several items as a meal. You can also name that item or list of items however you like, and you can delete from that area as often as you would like. The meals list is the one area you have the most control.

For example, you can create a Meal called "Two eggs and cereal" consisting of two eggs a bowl of cereal, and milk. You can then add this as a group, instantly, instead of adding each item separately. You can also save a single item as a meal, such as "My Favorite Milk."

Instructions for creating a meal can be found in this article: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/articles/360032272432-How-do-I-create-and-log-remembered-meals

When you are logging food in the future, you'll find your remembered meals in the "Meals" tab of the food search screen.

For information on editing or deleting remembered meals, please see this article: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/articles/360032623811-How-do-I-edit-or-delete-remembered-meals