Happy Star Wars Day!

Options
nossmf
nossmf Posts: 9,101 Member
May the 4th Be With You!

All the 20-something kids at work are always amazed when I tell them I've seen every single Star Wars movie in theater when they were originally released. "Including the originals? But that's like a hundred years ago!" Thanks, kid, like I didn't already feel old, lol.

Replies

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,185 MFP Staff
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options
    Do you know how long it took me to get that damned pun? Not today. In general. :)

I've always been more of a Star Trek girl but, yup, I was there for the originals at the theater.

And if someone brings up the date for whatever reason, I absolutely say "May the 4th be with you". Because nerds/geeks gotta nerd/geek. :)
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Do you know how long it took me to get that damned pun? Not today. In general. :)

I've always been more of a Star Trek girl but, yup, I was there for the originals at the theater.

And if someone brings up the date for whatever reason, I absolutely say "May the 4th be with you". Because nerds/geeks gotta nerd/geek. :)

I'm so divided between Star Wars and Star Trek.

I have a heck of a lot of Star Wars Lego sets :blush: But I think I'm just a slightly bigger fan of Star Trek (TNG mostly).
    My notification sound is the boatswain's whistle (Captain on the bridge) and the TNG theme song as a ringtone :grin:

Star Wars: I saw the first trilogy in the cinema when they were remastered, I was still a kid then.

So may the fourth be with you and may you live long and prosper!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,101 Member
    Options
    I'll always identify as more of a Trekker than a Star Wars fan. (Trekkies were fans of TOS; TNG fans are Trekkers.)

But I do remember being in college when Episode I was released. (I was less than a week old when my parents went to see the first Star Wars, but technically I was there.) Lines to get tickets were forming over a week before actual release night, so one of my buddies volunteered to setup a pup tent and squat all week long to get a dozen tickets for the rest of us, we just had to bring him food, attend his classes to take notes, and pay his way in.

It was an absolute carnival atmosphere opening night. Standing room only, 90% wearing Star Wars clothing, more than half in costume. (Remember, this was the first new release in almost two decades, so everybody was ecstatic. Had we known the quality of the movie to come...) When everybody had found their seats, the lights went out, and the opening music started blasting...no previews, just straight to movie. The entire theater stood and cheered.
  • ElMeroKeeQue
    ElMeroKeeQue Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Don’t forget to celebrate revenge of the fifth tomorrow!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options
    I just saw someone wearing a shirt that said Vader 77 on the back. He was walking too fast for me to aknowledge it out loud to him. :)

Hah! Yeah. It was Next Gen for me. I may or may not have had a crush on both Riker and Data. I did watch select episodes of the Old Show after getting into it, saw all the movies (old and new) and I'm totally into Star Trek: Lower Decks now :) I should probably get around to Picard at some point.