Is there hope if you take meds that “cause weight gain”?

Options
dbrewerexperior9039
dbrewerexperior9039 Posts: 1 Member
edited May 2023 in Challenges
Hi! My name is Danielle and I’m from the USA! I need to lose 99 lbs. I’m 5’5” and currently weigh 244 lbs. My goal weight is 145 lbs. My heaviest weight is 280 lbs. I’m not a binge or emotional eater; my excessive weight comes from lack of exercise, poor diet and all the different medications that I’m on that “causes weight gain”. I’m not beating myself up, but I have terrible willpower and lack motivation! I hope that by joining this group, I can learn tips and tricks from other members on how best to lose weight from meditation that cause weight gain. I feel like I’m fighting a losing battle! I know 145 lbs is quite ambitious, but I felt my best when I was 35 years old and 145 lbs; I’m now 55 years old! Is there hope for me?!

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Anyone can lose. Just get your daily calorie goal, a digital food scale, start weighing and measuring all food and drink and you're good to go. Do that and don't even think about your medication at first. After a month, if you're still floundering, look up the threads about your medication. People post a lot about this, but usually they are reassured that you'll lose. It may take more patience.

As for motivation--it's fleeting. You are going to have to change your way of eating for the rest of your life. Portion control. Build good habits that will see you through. Good luck.