Work out partner needed Stamford CT

Need a work out partner that struggles with weight loss

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    You're not likely to find someone here. Maybe try Meetup. From a similar thread:
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I see most of the people in the fitness club coming together, already initially. But I don't understand where they look for people willing to go together.
    Tell us about your experience. Where did you look for a partner, how did you arrange for shared workouts, attendance schedules, etc

I'd say it's usually their friends...like they're friends generally outside of the gym. I haven't had a gym partner in a very long time, but I did when I was in college...he is my best friend and was my long time college roommate and we went to the gym together. Because we are friends we also did a lot of hiking together, biking, ultimate frisbee, walked our dogs, etc. One of the reasons we are friends is that we have common interests like outdoor recreation and going to the gym. When I was in the military my gym partner was a guy that I worked with and it was just something we did after work and then we'd go grab a beer.

I think a lot will depend on your social circle and the interests of people in that circle. Another option to look at...not so much for the gym, but for other active recreation is Meetup. I am in both a cycling Meetup group and a hiking Meetup group and I've met some pretty cool people. I've had a couple of those people over the years ask me if we could be gym partners but at this point it doesn't work for me as I'd rather workout on my own and I also workout with and train my 13yo a couple days per week so that would be awkward.

I would also note that I've been doing this good livin' thing now for over a decade and my circle of friends has changed quite a lot in that time. The vast majority of my friends these days are active people who are into health and wellness...but that happened over time.