Glucose monitoring

Options
Good new feature, but limited to only the Dexcom G6 app. Would like to see more options, especially the My Sugar app which syncs with a large number of Bluetooth enabled glucose meters.

Replies

• mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,223 Member
    Options
    Slowsp0ke wrote: »
    Good new feature, but limited to only the Dexcom G6 app. Would like to see more options, especially the My Sugar app which syncs with a large number of Bluetooth enabled glucose meters.

I was excited about it, too! My husband (T1) doesn't have a CGM yet, but I'm hoping he gets one! He was looking at the Freestyle Libre, in addition to the Dexcom, tho.

Interesting that the new feature will only be available for Android users!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    Well hell, this is timely. Just diagnosed as prediabetic and glucose monitors are in the back of my mind.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    While having something like MySuger linked, it really is a different thing than continuous glucose monitoring. While both measure one's blood sugar, the finger prick method only gives a blood sugar amount at the moment it is taken. CGMs measure it repeatedly at fixed intervals allowing for more accurate data reflecting how your meals affect your blood sugar. Both have their place, and I think there would be benefit from integrating both. I think the rational behind going with a CGM is the more detailed picture of what is going on. Sadly, it is also a rather costly one, especially if the CGM falls off or otherwise fails.