Amazfit (Zepp), GoogleFit, MyFitnessPal. Has anyone made it work yet?

Options
I'm a pretty tech savvy guy and I can't get anything sensible from this combo on Android.

The Amazfit watch is hands down my favourite fitness watch I've had but doesn't talk to many apps. You are forced through GoogleFit.

GoogleFit "interprets" what it gets from Zepp so what you see is their version of what you think is happening.

MyFitnessPal talks to GoogleFit and "interprets" it again, and for some reason the negative calorie adjustment isn't working so its just adding GoogleFit's total calories (with BMR) to the total. End result is after a 500 calorie run this morning and breakfast I still have 2300 available calories when I look at MFP (up from 1600).

Has anyone made this combo work? Does anyone have an alternative solution?

I like MFP but I think I like the watch more and that means making it work or replacing MFP :(

Answers

• Jean
    Jean Posts: 732 MFP Staff
    Options
    Integrations are only expected to work if that particular partner app is directly linked to MyFitnessPal. This explains why you may be running into some trouble from Amazfit > Google Fit > MyFitnessPal.

That being said, we definitely plan on adding more integration partners to our program in the future. At this time, we do not know who those partners will be, nor do we announce any partners until they are officially live.

We will take your recommendation into consideration when we do. We also recommend you contact them as well and let them know you would be interested in having them integrate with us.

For now, to view a list of our current partners, please visit: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps
  • weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 411 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Can you explain though why the negative calorie adjustment doesn't work from GoogleFit as that is on your list of attached apps on Android?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,597 Member
    Options
    @weeblex A tiny bit off topic but since you brought up the Amazfit... :)

Does it show tdee on the actual watch or just the app? I was looking at a Miband that apparently doesn't and that's sort of a deal breaker for me.
  • Jean
    Jean Posts: 732 MFP Staff
    Options
    weeblex wrote: »
    Can you explain though why the negative calorie adjustment doesn't work from GoogleFit as that is on your list of attached apps on Android?

To gain a better idea of what may be going on with your calorie adjustment from Google Fit, I do ask that you write into our Support Team directly. Please visit: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or send us an email to support@myfitnesspal.com.
  • hazeleni
    hazeleni Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Same here. yesterday zepp said 300 burned calories (~200 were from upper body training and the other from walking about 3500 steps) and MFP gave me 1000 exercise calories.
    Today with 5000 steps and 350 from training (zepp) , MFP gave me 400 calories.

It's not just the inconsistency between apps, but the results are different from day to day too.
  • aandaweaverweightloss
    Options
    Hopefully Zepp being #3 of the most popular in Amazon's "Fitness & Activity Trackers" list will provide some motivation.
  • lilylily
    lilylily Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I use a mifit watch and scales, with a Zepp app > GFit > MFP. Most of the time it's fine but sometimes the numbers are bizarrely wrong. It would be great if Zepp went straight to MFP.